BHAVAN’S PALSAR: TWO DAY INTERDISCIPLINARY INTERNATIONAL SEMINAR ON “ROLE OF LOCAL SELF GOVERNMENTS IN BIODIVERSITY GOVERNANCE WITH SPECIAL REFERENCE TO KERALA” : 7 & 8 JUNE 2018.
Kerala is a land ecologically fragile situated in the south-western tip of Indian peninsula. Inland of Kerala includes Western Ghats, mountains whose slopes support tea, coffee and spice plantations as well as forests breeding many other rare species of flora and fauna. Kerala having a rich biodiversity and it includes the variability of species in terrestrial, aerial and aquatic habitats, the diversity of ecosystems and the diversity of genes they harbour. It is an essential component of the nature and it ensures the survival of human species by providing food, fuel, shelter, medicines and other resources to mankind. It is the duty and responsibility of the present generation to protect and preserve the rich biodiversity for the future generations.
In view of emerging issues and challenges, the Academy propose to convene a two day International Seminar on, “ROLE OF LOCAL SELF GOVERNMENTS IN BIODIVERSITY GOVERNANCE WITH SPECIAL REFERENCE TO KERALA” so as to provide a forum for participants to understand the emerging issues in this realm and to explore concrete solutions which can emerge as an eye opener for the government and policy makers.
Call For Papers:
Papers are invited from the students, research scholars, professionals, teachers in the field of Science, Management and Law.
- Role of Local Self Governments under Biological Diversity Act 2002.
- Biodiversity Governance – Legal Framework Participatory Decision Making under CBD and Nagoya Protocol. United Nations Conference on the Human Environment, 1972 to Rio+20- Convention on Biological Diversity, 1992- Cartagena Convention its Protocol on Biosafety- The Nagoya Kuala Lumpur Supplementary Protocol on Liability and Redress to the Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety- United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)- Jakarta Charter on Business and Biodiversity, 2009- Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES)- Technical Barriers to Trade (TBT)- Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures (SPS)- Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES)- Convention on Migratory Species (CMS)- The ASEAN Agreement on the Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources.
- Sustainable business practices for biodiversity conservation Biodiversity Governance – New Directions- liberalisation and challenges to natural resource management sustainable business practices- corporate social responsibility- environment friendly business initiatives and green products- other new business practices.
- Biodiversity: Scope and Extent Forest Biodiversity- Inland waters Biodiversity- Island Biodiversity- Marine and Coastal Biodiversity- Mountain Biodiversity- Desert Biodiversity- Agricultural Biodiversity- Climate Change and Energy Security- Clean Technologies and the Clean Development Mechanism- Waste, Water, Air Quality Management and Pollution Control- Ecological taxation (Eco-Tax).
GUIDELINES FOR PAPER SUBMISSION:
All abstracts and full papers must be sent to: in the format outline given below:
- All abstracts and full papers must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The abstract should not be more than 350 words and must be attached with a cover page containing the following details – Title of the Paper, Name of the Author, University/ Institution/Organisation, Email Address & Mobile Number of the Author.
- The full paper should be between 3500-4000 words.
- The main text should be in Times New Roman with font size 12 and spacing of 1.5 and Foot note should be in Times New Roman with font size 10 and spacing of 1.
- All submissions should follow the standard Indian citation (SILC)
- Last Date of Sending Abstract: 25 May 2018
- Intimation regarding Selection of Abstract : 30 May 2018
- Last Date of sending full Papers : 4 June 2018
Sri. N. Nikhilesh, Convenor. Mob: 9037884213.
Sri. V. Arun, Joint Convenor, Mob:8089284079.