NATIONAL SEMINAR ON CLIMATE CHANGE CHALLENGES IN INDIA: ROLE OF LAW POLICY AND MANAGEMENT: NLSIU, BENGALURU : 15 JUNE 2018.
Climate change as a phenomenon has become reality of life and cannot be ignored anymore. Use of fossil fuels in industries has resulted in emissions causing a severe impact on global temperature. The effects of climate change can be observed across diverse geographic regions where numerous species and ecosystems are at high risk of being extinct.
CALL FOR PAPERS:
Well researched original research papers, case studies and survey reports are invited from the academics, practitioners, researchers, scientists, students and other stakeholders working and interested in the field of climate change. Research papers shall be subject to the approval of Editorial Board for inclusion in the seminar proceedings. All research papers shall be subject to scrutiny of anti-plagiarism software. Selected papers will be published in our peer reviewed Journal of Environment, Law and Public Policy, special edition with ISBN Number.
- The above-identified themes are only illustrative. Participants may select the related topics covered under the main theme.
The Conference will invite presentations and papers on the following themes:
- Climate change and food security
- Climate change and energy security
- Climate change and public health
- Climate change and displacement and refugee
- Climate and access to drinking water and clean environment
- Climate change and change in cultural and identity dimensions
- Climate change and human rights
- International law on climate change
- Country adaptation for climate change
- Paris agreement and beyond
- Climate change and disasters
- Abstracts of not more than 500 words, for original researched papers on the above-mentioned themes are invited. Authors of shortlisted abstracts shall be required to send their full-length papers.
- Authors of accepted papers shall have the privilege of presenting their paper at this seminar. The full-length research papers in case of short articles should be 3500 – 5000 words (inclusive of foot notes), and around 8000 words (inclusive of foot notes) in case of long articles.
- Potential contributors are required to adhere to a uniform mode of citation (20th edition of The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation, is recommended).
- Abstracts and papers should be submitted as Word documents, with a covering letter containing the name and designation of the author(s), and should be emailed to the Email address – firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Participants may register either as paper presenters or as delegates. Registration fee for each participant/delegate is 2000/- [Non Residential].
- Presenters/Delegates must make their own arrangements for accommodation and the organizers are not responsible for the same. Registration fee covers the following: Admission to all academic sessions, Conference kit and materials, Tea/Coffee and lunch during the designated breaks for the duration of the conference.
- Registration fees may be paid by DD or through NEFT transfer. Registration is confirmed on receipt of payment at our end either by Demand Draft, in the name of NLSIU, payable at BENGALURU or NEFT as per the details given in the brochure.
- DD along with the registration form should be sent to the address given below and Bank Transaction ID Number in case of NEFT Transfer must be sent to email@example.com
- Abstract Submission : 25th May, 2018
- Communication for Acceptance of Abstract : 25th May, 2018
- Registration : 26th May, 2018
- Full paper submission : 12th June 2018
- Date of Conference : 15th June, 2018
For Submission of Abstracts, Full Papers:
Ms. Raagya Zadu, Teaching Associates at CEERA: firstname.lastname@example.org , +91 8392816954.
Other Conference Details:
Ms. Architha Narayanan, Teaching Associates at CEERA: email@example.com +91 9980157385.
For Registration and Payment of Fee:
Ms. Susheela: firstname.lastname@example.org .