MOOT COURT: GNLU Moot on Securities & Investment Law, 6-9 September 2018, Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
GNLU is a premier institute of legal education set up in the year 2003 by an Act of the State Legislature. Ever since its inception, the University has endeavoured towards achieving higher standards of legal education and has focused on inculcating practical argumentative skills amongst students through moot court competitions. With a view to foster research in different avenues of law and to encourage analysis pertaining to the practical implications of law, the University organises various academic events, including two moot court competitions – the GNLU International Moot Court Competition (GIMC) and the GNLU Moot on Securities and Investment Law (GNLUMSIL).
- The Competition is open to all students, enrolled bonafide on a regular basis in an undergraduate LL.B. degree programme or its equivalent conducted by any recognized
- Institution/College/University in India. Students enrolled in postgraduate or diploma programmes are not eligible to participate.
- A recognized Institution/College/University shall be entitled to send only one Team for the Competition.
- Each Team shall comprise of three members. Two members of the Team shall be designated as Orators and the third member shall be designated as the Researcher.
- Any additional member or Team Coach accompanying a Team shall not be recognized and will not be entitled to a certificate from the OC.Such persons may be providedaccommodation facilities, subject to availability.
CLARIFICATIONS TO THE MOOT PROBLEM:
- Teams may seek Clarifications via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, latest by 30 June 2018 (11:59 P.M. IST).
- All Clarifications shall be posted on the Official Website by 10 July 2018. This date is subject to change.
- Each Team must register by filling up the registration form available on the Official Website and paying the registration fee as provided in the Rules of the Competition.
- Each Team shall complete such registration on or before 16 July 2018(11:59 P.M. IST).
- Each Team is required to send a bona-fide letter issued by the appropriate authority of their Institution/College/University along with the duly filled registration form.
- A copy of the duly filled registration form and the bona-fide letter should be emailed to email@example.com.
- The registration fee is INR 3,000 per Team.
- Teams may pay the Registration Fee by way of an online transfer – To Pay the Fees- Click Here.. Teams are instructed to mention the full name of their Institution/College/University in the column provided for Remarks while making the payment. Teams are required to download the receipt of the payment and submit the same to the Organizing Committee at the time of sending the Registration Form.
- Teams may pay the registration fee by way of a Demand Draft drawn in favour of “Gujarat National Law University” payable at “Ahmedabad”. A scanned copy of R U L E S O F T H E C O M P E T I T I O N
- 4th GNLU MOOT ON SECURITIES & INVESTMENT LAW Page 7 of 26 the Demand Draft is to be emailed to the Organizing Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. in before 16 July 2018.
- Teams which have registered for the Competition in accordance with Rule 5.1of the Rules of the Competition may withdraw from the Competition after informing the OC of such withdrawal on or before 8 August 2018. If a Team gives notice of withdrawal on or before 8 August 2018, then the registration fee paid, if any, will be refunded to the Team, after deducting transaction costs. In case a Team fails to give notice within the stipulated time, such Team would not be entitled to any refund.
- Once a Team registers by completing the formalities given in Rules of the Competition, a Team Code shall be assigned to it on 20 July 2018.
- A Team that has registered pursuant Rules of the Competition may change its composition only after informing the Organizing Committee of such change by way of filling and emailing the Change in Team Composition Form available in Annexure III of these Rules to email@example.com. Changes to the team composition may not be made later than 4 September 2018.
- Any changes in the contact details of Team members must be notified to the OC with immediate effect. This obligation to inform shall continue throughout the course of the Competition, unless such a Team withdraws or is disqualified from the Competition.