THREE DAY PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE COURSE ON“PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION LAWS” : NLSIU BANGALURU.
Personal data and its value has gained a lot of importance in recent times and this awareness is not just there in the government and business circles but also amongst individuals and the civil society. Personal Data according to the European Union General Data Protection Regulations refers to any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual. An identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number (e.g. social security number) or one or more factors specific to his physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity (e.g. name and first name, date of birth, biometric data, fingerprints etc.) The growth of technology, electronic communication and digitization means that most of us today share unprecedented amount of personal data with a huge number of organizations such as the government, banks, shops, social media and such information very often ends up with marketing analysists and other such firms, mostly without our consent. With a number of high profile breaches being brought to the fore in the public recently (allegations of a political consultancy using harvested data from a large number of Facebook users without their consent), there has been renewed discussion around data security and the legal framework around privacy of personal data.
The Three Day Professional Certificate Course on Privacy and Data protection Laws would be analysing the above mentioned issues and look at matters relating to data protection and privacy from a legal, constitutional, industry and compliance specific perspective.
ISSUES & THEMES COVERED:
- Constitutional and Legal perspective on Privacy and Data Protection: Limitation on the Right to Privacy, permissible invasion of privacy (legality, legitimate state aim, proportionality), Right to be forgotten
- Concept of Privacy: Personal data, sensitive information, privacy vis a vis condentiality
- Jurisdictional issues with regard to privacy, data protection and Social Media
- Cybersecurity, Surveillance and Data Security
- Indian legal Framework on Data Protection laws and Privacy
- Impact of European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on Data Protection and the corporate sector: Compliance in the post GDPR era (inventory of personal data, limitation on personal collection, retention, requirement of access to the third parties to comply with privacy practices etc.)
WHO CAN ATTEND:
Lawyers, Cybersecurity Experts, Cyber Technicians, Privacy Officers, Data Officers, Compliance Officers, Data Protection Officers, Students, Academicians, Relevant Industry Personnel are invited to attend this programme.
Rs. 10, 000/ – per participant – Non residential.
- Payment for the course can be done either by Demand Draft drawn in favour of National Law School of India University, payable at BENGALURU which has to be sent to the address mentioned along with the registration form or through NEFT transfer that can be made as per the details given.
- The Bank Transaction ID Number in case of NEFT Transfer must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. [Ph No: 9448690903] Registration will be confirmed only on receipt of payment.
Last date for Registration of the programme is 10th June, 2018.