NLIU – LINK LEGAL NATIONAL CLIENT COUNSELLING COMPETITION, September 7 to 9, 2018.
Interviewing and advising comprise a vital part of a lawyer’s work. It is often assumed that lawyers have the listening and questioning skills required to conduct an effective interview with a client. Unfortunately, however, this is not true of every lawyer. Thus, through this Competition, it is intended to inculcate among students of law, a greater knowledge of and a spirit of enquiry into the preventive law and counselling functions of law practice. The Competition also encourages students of law to develop interviewing, planning and analytical skills necessary to build and maintain a relationship between a lawyer and his/her client.
Undergraduate and Professional students of law may participate in the Competition.
- Not more than two teams from any particular institution of law shall be permitted to participate in the Competition.
- Participating teams must register themselves for the Competition by submitting online a pro-forma of registration, before the stipulated deadline for such submission.
- While registering themselves, the participating teams shall be required to attach a scanned copy of the hard copy of the Registration Form, which will be emailed to the designated MCA/MCC/MCS, to the online pro-forma. Further, a registration fee of INR 3,500 per team must be paid by NEFT to:
- Name – The Director, National Law Institute University, Bhopal
- Account Number – 062510005192
- IFSC Code – BKDN0810625
- Bank – Dena Bank
- Branch – T.T. Nagar, Bhopal
- Purpose/Information of transfer: Education/Academics
Upon making the wire-transfer, teams are required to email a scanned copy/screenshot containing the transaction number, and all other details of the transfer to email@example.com with subject ‘Payment of Registration Fee’.
- Registration: June 1 to July 25.
- Team Code: August 15.
- Competition: September 7 to September 9.
Shashank Chaddha, Convenor : +91-8109221060
Priyam Jhudele, Co-Convenor : +91-8989444107
Kuruvila M. Jacob, Secretary : +91-9495551999
Dhruv Khurana, Joint-Secretary : +91-9406602337