CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: Project DEFY Makerspace Execution Lead MEL.
Project DEFY is a non profit based out of Bangalore, India that has been working in the sector of self learning through community led maker spaces model. The organisation has worked in India and Africa facilitating the setting up of makerspaces in communities hit by marginalization and keen on creating their own learning systems. DEFY also works closely with institutions and organisations to help them create makerspaces in demographics where they want to foster innovation and self learning culture. With this background Project DEFY is the makerspace execution partner for Cisco India, setting up 5 makerspaces in 5 different universities across India to foster IoT innovation amongst university students.
- Working closely with the universities the Project manager will be responsible for overseeing the execution of the makerspaces in the 5 universities in Delhi, Varanasi, Coimbatore, Bhubneshwar and Trivandrum.
- The project manager will co-supervise the team of makerspace managers in the 5 universities and create the standard operating documents for suture scale of the project. The project manager will report in to the Chief of Growth at Project DEFY.
The total duration of the service contract will be 15 months starting from May 2018 to 31 July 2019.
The position will be based out of Bangalore, India.
Work Experience: 2-5 years.
Work to be Performed:
- Co-develop the physical design of the makerspace.
- Create artwork, content for posters etc.
- Ensure timely achievement of milestones at all the makerspaces
- Supervise the makerspace manager with the selection of the IoT them based cohorts for the makerspaces.
- Identify and build a lab admin (a student) to help the makerspace manager in day to day activities.
- Connect with the Operations Lead (faculty) from the University and involve her/him in all decision making.
- Curate the list of IoT industry mentors for the cohorts.
- Supervise the 2 mid cohort hackathons and 2 demo days for the projects.
- Mentor the cohorts on the overall theme of IoT and with specific guidelines during the project making phase.
- Create the documentations and operational guide for running the hackathons and demo days.
- Create the mandated reporting framework for the compliance partner NASSCOM Foundation and an internal reporting framework that can be used for PR.
- Supervise the overall budgeting in each makerspace and ensure the compliance.
- Create the templates for content for DEFY website, monthly mailers.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Masters is a plus
- Education background and project based background in IoT is preferred.
- Familiarity with project management including managing a team logistics/budget/database/office management skills.
- Prior team management experience in leadership position is preferred.
- Prior knowledge of CSR compliance is a plus
Job Related Experience:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written and verbal oral communication skills.
- Strong understanding of the maker movement and open-ended learning.
- Proven ability to work well with variety of business contacts (internal, local, university staff, corporate contacts.)
- In depth understanding of financial and compliance reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to handle a heavy workload with a high degree of adaptability, strong problem-solving skills, and ability to effectively work on multiple tasks
- Ability to exercise discretion on confidential matters
- Demonstrated relationship-building skills, positive and proactive attitude
- Must be a strong team player with the ability to establish effective working relationships with peers and superiors
- Must perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy
- Advanced knowledge of relevant software, including MS Excel, MS Word, web based tools/website management/social media tools
- Technically adept and knowledge of recent technologies, especially in the field of IoT.
- Fluent-level English language skill
The salary is commensurate with experience.
Open date: May , 2018
Close date: May , 2018
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India.
- DOCUMENTS REQUIRED:1) Most recent Resume 2) Covering letter
- Send resume by due date to: email@example.com
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview. No phone enquiries will be entertained.