CALL FOR PAPERS: CNLU LAW JOURNAL 2018- 19, SUBMIT BY 25TH JULY, 2018.
With great delight and enthusiasm that we bring to you the CNLU Law Journal, Volume VIII, 2018-19, a literary endeavor undertaken by Chanakya National Law University, Patna. It seeks to provide a forum where the legal fraternity can address diverse issues in the field of law. It encourages writings that deal with complex problems in diverse fields of study such as Sociology, Political Science, Public Policy and Economics in the context of Law. It is an annual, peer-reviewed, blind academic journal which consists of articles, notes, comments and book reviews. The Editorial Board urges legal luminaries, scholars, jurists and law students to contribute towards the creation of substantive, thought-provoking and informative work that has significant social undertones and universal appeal. The success of the last seven issues bears testimony to our diligent efforts in furtherance of the same and we take this opportunity to re-affirm our determination to bring forth a quality journal. In this pursuit, the Journal seeks to uphold its reputation for celebrating original and innovative work of great socio-legal significance.
In respect of the above, we invite entries from your institution and look forward to your contributions to the Journal.
CLJ invites contributions under the following categories :
- ARTICLES- The article should be a comprehensive review of contemporary relevant legal issue(s)/question(s) that need to be analysed and presented. The article must be clear on the topic that is dwelt upon and lucidly presented without any ambiguity. The author’s stand on the issue(s) should be expressed with clarity. The word limit for the submission is 4000 – 8000 words, exclusive of footnotes and abstract.
- BOOK REVIEW- The books that are reviewed should be concerned with legal issue(s). The review must be critical analysis of the main issue(s) and must contain the author’s view point of the issue(s). The word limit for the submission is 2000 – 4000 words.
- NOTES AND COMMENTS – Notes and Comments may include a brief analysis of a recent judicial pronouncement, legislation, book or any legal issue of relevance. The word limit for the submission is 2000 – 4000 words, exclusive of footnotes and abstract.
- COVER LETTER- All submissions must be accompanied by a cover letter stating the title, author’s full name, university and year of study and the author’s contact details. Only the cover letter should contain the above mentioned details and not the manuscript.
- Submissions must be in MS Word (.doc) and (.pdf) format.
- ABSTRACT – All the entries should be accompanied with an abstract which should be of 250-300 words for each submission. The submission must include the author(s)’ name and college/institution as a footnote.
- MAIN TEXT – Times New Roman, font size 12, double spacing, justified alignment, with a margin of one inch on all sides.
- FOOT NOTES – Times New Roman, font size 10. Substantive foot notes are accepted. Speaking footnotes should be avoided.
- CITATION-The Bluebook: A Uniform Method of Citation, 19th Edition should be strictly adhered to.
- Both single and co-authored (a maximum of two authors) entries will be accepted.
- Specifically, in context of a BOOK REVIEW, the submission should include relevant information like the title of the book reviewed, names of the author(s)/editor(s), publication information (name, place and year of publication), total no. of pages, etc.
- Submissions should be mailed at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- The last date of submission for the entries is July 25, 2018.
- Ravi Sharma: +91 9955496857 (Faculty In-Charge)
- Shruti Shikha: +91 7739629087 (Student Editor)
- Shubham Jaiswal: +91 8340464708 (Student Editor)