CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: INTERNSHIP AT Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India, National AIDS Control Organisation .
National AIDS Control Organisation under Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India is the nodal organisation for HIV/AIDS Prevention & Control Programme in India. India’s AIDS Control Programme is globally acclaimed as a success story. The National AIDS Control Programme (NACP), launched in 1992, is being implemented as a comprehensive programme for prevention and control of HIV/AIDS in India. Over time, the focus has shifted from raising awareness to behaviour change, from a national response to a more decentralized response and to increasing involvement of NGOs and networks of PLHIV. Prevention Services; and Care, Support & Treatment Services form the two key pillars of all the AIDS control efforts in India. Phase IV of the National AIDS Control Programme is aimed at reducing new infections by 50% (2007 Baseline of NACP III) and providing Comprehensive care, support and treatment to all persons living with HIV/AIDS.
Criteria for candidates applying to internship programme is provided below:
- Candidates enrolled for Graduate programme under a recognized university should have completed two years.
- Candidates enrolled in regular Post Graduation course under a recognized university
- Phil, PhD, others
Candidates must have the approval of their Institution to apply for the internship. Prescribed format is placed in form.
The following documents must be submitted at the time of joining:
- Photo-identity (Voter ID/ PAN/ Adhaar/ Passport)
- Approval letter from the Dean/ Principal of College/ University
- Students from abroad must have valid travel documents and approval letter from their Institutes
- Preference will be given to applicants having an excellent academic track record and to research scholars; and candidates bringing project work relevant to NACO’s activities or concomitant with NACP.
Duration of Internship:
- The internships would be for a minimum duration of 6 weeks and maximum duration of 3 months, as per pre-requisites of the study programme. However, at any of time, the number of interns shall not be more than 10.
- There shall be no bar for candidates to apply for a second internship with NACO. However, a candidate can apply for internship only once during a financial year
- At NACO Headquarters, the applications may be sent to the office of Joint Secretary by registered/speed post or email communication, at the following address:
Deputy Secretary National AIDS Control Organisation 9 th Floor, Chandralok Building, 36, Janpath, New Delhli – 110001.
- An advance copy of the application along with Covering letter and attachments may be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . Query, if any, may be addressed to Under Secretary at email@example.com . Applications duly filled in and complete in all respect with required documents should reach at least one month before the commencement of the Internship.
- Intern must clearly indicate the area of interest in the order of preference. A candidate can apply for internship only once during a financial year.
The application for internship at Headquarters must include the following:
- Duly filled in Application Form.
- Write-up not exceeding 500 words on how the student’s academic pursuit as well as the National AIDS Control Programme will benefit from this Internship. Applications that do not have the said write-up will not be accepted.
- Copy of at least three documentary proofs of identity which should include copy of passport and Aadhar card/Voter ID/PAN Card in case of Indian nationals and passport, OCI card and National Identity Card in case of OCI card holders.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Introduction letter from the Head of Institution on the official stationery where the applicant studied/studying.
- No objection certificate from University/Institution in case the internship is to be pursued in parallel with an ongoing course.
- Self-attested certificates and transcripts for all the accomplishments mentioned in the Application Form (educational qualifications, current courses being pursued and projects).