ESSAY COMPETITION: Dr. M. P. JAIN NATIONAL ESSAY COMPETITION, 2018.
Dr. M. P. Jain National Essay Competition envisages to promote and develop the ability of students to ideate and formulate their perspectives coupled with the art of presenting their arguments via writing. The theme has been most carefully chosen which possess contemporary relevance and shall encourage participants to analyze and deliver potential solution to them.
- Undergraduate category: Students pursuing the three or five-years LL.B. course from any Law school/ college/ university affiliated in India are eligible to participate.
- Postgraduate category: Students pursuing their LL.M. from any Law school/ college/ university affiliated in India are eligible to participate.
- Co-authorship: Co-authorship to a maximum of two authors is permitted.
- Only one submission shall be allowed per author and in case of co-author one submission shall be deemed to include both. In case of separate submissions by co-authors, it shall be taken as multiple submission which will be subject to rejection and disqualification thereof.
- The soft copy of essay must be emailed to administrators (one in MS Word. Doc/ docx format and one in PDF) at firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 20th July 2018.
- The subject of the e-mail must be “Essay Submission for Dr. M. P. Jain National Essay Competition, 2018.”
- The soft copy of the essay mustn’t contain name of the author(s) or any information which discloses author’s affiliation to any institution.
- A cover letter shall be attached containing following details – Name of author(s), University/Law School Name and its address, Topic of the essay, Contact details of authors (Email ID and Contact Number).
- The essays shall be in
- The name(s) of the author(s) must not be disclosed or mentioned anywhere in the essay.
- The word limit for the essay is 3000-4000 words (exclusive of footnotes or any other references).
- The mandatory formatting specifications for the essay are 1-inch margin on all sides; Times New Roman typeface with 12 font size & 1.5 line spacing.
- For footnotes, the mandatory formatting specifications shall be: Times New Roman typeface with 10 font size; and single (1) line spacing.
- Authorities must be cited throughout the essay using the OSCOLA citation method.
- The essay should be original work & must not have been submitted for publication elsewhere.
THEME: The theme of the competition is OPEN (which means that the author(s) can write on any topic of their choice, for e.g.,: Contemporary or any legal issue).
- UNDERGRADUATE – 300/-
- POSTGRADUATE – 500/-
- LAST DATE OF REGISTRATION: 20 TH JULY, 2018
- LAST DATE FOR ESSAY SUBMISSION: 20TH JULY, 2018
- ANNOUNCEMENT OF RESULT: 25 TH AUGUST, 2018