CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: SURANA & SURANA AND UPES SCHOOL OF LAW NATIONAL INSOLVENCY LAW MOOT COURT COMPETITION, 2018 (28th – 30th September 2018)
UPES School of Law proudly announces its first edition of “Surana & Surana AND UPES School of Law National Insolvency Law Moot Court Competition, 2018’ in association with its esteemed joint organizer Surana & Surana International Attorneys, Chennai. The competition is scheduled from September 28, 2018, to September 30, 2018. Surana & Surana And UPES School of Law National Insolvency Law Moot Court Competition has been conceived with the aim of creating opportunities for learning the development of jurisprudence on emerging trends in Insolvency Law besides developing cutting-edge skills in research, writing, and advocacy. We cordially invite teams from prestigious Law Universities/Schools/Colleges/Institutions to participate in this prestigious Moot Court Competition, which shall, as we hope, give you an unforgettable enriching experience. We look forward to your participation in the Surana & Surana and UPES School of Law National Insolvency Law Moot Court Competition, 2018
The competition is open for students who are pursuing LLB three year / five-year course during the current academic year.
- Each team should consist of 3 members. This number cannot be modified under any circumstances.
- There shall be 2 speakers and 1 researcher designated for each team. The researcher shall be allowed to argue with prior permission of the court and National Administrator in case of illness of the designated speakers.
- Teams should not disclose the identity of their institution; such disclosure shall invite penalties including disqualification. The decision for the same shall be at the discretion of the National Administrator.
- Online registrations are open from July 2, 2018. The last date for registration is August 06, 2018 at http://www.moot.in
- For the purpose of having an efficient competition, there is a capping of only 24 teams on firstcome-first-serve basis who shall participate in this competition.
- The Registration fee for the competition is 5000/team that is to be transferred in favor of University of Petroleum & Energy Studies via electronic means in the account details provided. The Transaction id of such transfer of funds is to be filled in the registration form.
- The registered participants will receive a team code, within 10 days from the last date of registration, which will function as their identity until the end of this competition.
- Soft Copy of the Registration particulars, Approval letter including Electronic fund transaction receipt of transfer of Rs. 5000 in favor of University of Petroleum & Energy Studies payable at Dehradun shall be sent via e-mail to email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line NATIONAL INSOLVENCY LAW MOOT 3 of 12 REGISTRATION latest by 15 August 2018. The participants are also required to send the hard copy of the approval/registration letter including the electronic transfer receipt to the host institution at the address provided in point number XXI(B) so as to reach on or before 1 September 2018.
- The particulars of the Bank Account for the transfer of registration fee is as follows: Account Holder Name- University of Petroleum & Energy Studies o Account Number- 95950999999999 o Bank Name- YES BANK, Rajpur Road, Dehradun o IFSC Code- YESB0000115 o Details: Student name & Institution/University’s name
- The soft copy of the Memorials for the Applicant and the Respondent should be mailed to email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before August 25, 2018. One hard copy of the memorials (both Applicant & Respondent with all components) is required to be sent to the host institution at the address provided in point number XXI.
- So as to reach on or before 1 September 2018. Late submission will be penalized by one point each per memorial for every day of delay after the due date. No excuses in respect of delayed courier services will be entertained.
- Once the soft copy of the memorials has been submitted, no revisions, supplements, or additions will be allowed.
- The remaining 5 hard copies along with 2 resolution plan shall be submitted during orientation at 4.30 p.m. on 28 September 2018. Teams are not required to send the soft copy of resolution plan at the time of submission of memorial unless otherwise specifically told.
Commencement of Online Registration: July 2, 2018
Last date for Online Registration: August 6, 2018
Last date for seeking clarifications of Problem: August 12, 2018
Last date for sending soft copy of Registration form / Approval Letter with Transaction ID receipt: August 15, 2018
Last Date for Submission of Memorials & Travel Form ( Soft Copy): August 25, 2018
Last Date for Submission of Memorials & Travel Form & Registration Form /Approval Letter with Transaction Id Receipt ( Hard Copy): September 1, 2018
Inauguration, orientation and Researchers Test: September 28, 2018
Submission of Memorials: ( Five Hard Copies): September 28, 2018
Oral Rounds :September 29, 2018, to September 30, 2018
Valedictory & Prize Distribution: September 30, 2018
Ashish Jain Assistant Professor (Law) ,.Convenor, Moot Court Association (MCA)
UPES School of Law, University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES), Kandoli Campus, Dehradun-248007
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile: (+91) – 9268255663