CALL FOR PAPERS: Joint National Seminar on Police Structuring – Enhancing Lean and Effective Institution, Gujarat National Law University.
The primary role of police is to maintain law and order, investigate the crime and to contribute towards a safe and secure Society. Safety and security of the society and the welfare of the people critically depends upon the efficient functioning of the police institution as a whole. Efficiency and effectiveness can largely be achieved through enhanced equipping the forces with personnel, weaponry, forensic, communication and transport support and other related developmental aspects. Lack of proper training, poor police to population ratio and long working hours, among others, feature heavily as challenges in the police force.
Objectives of the Seminar:
- To prepare a list of all primary and secondary duties performed by the police.
- To prepare a list of non-core duties that can be outsourced
- To understand insights into the multiplicity of decision making levels and to assess the value addition at each decision making level and identify redundancies
- To identify the levels at which recruitment should take place in police.
- To identify scope of infusion of technology in police structures and system to act as a facilitator as well as force multiplier.
- To identify means to facilitate engagement of domain experts with police.
- To suggest measures to improve training of police officers.
- To identify the areas where multitasking can be introduced.
Technology and Policing
- Developing smart police
- Technology in India vis-à-vis other countries
Gender & Policing
- Offences related to women, child and transgender
- Women Police Personnel in decision-making and empowerment
New Public Management in Police Administration
- Public Private Partnership
Other Allied Topics
- Human Resource structure in Police administration to make it more effective
- Empirical Research done/ongoing on police reforms
- Public Image of Police Forces
Who can participate:
Academicians, Students, Police Personnel, Experts, NGOs, Think Tanks etc.
Note: Present seminar encourages people from non-police background to obtain fresh ideas in good numbers. We expect 80% participation from non-police person.
- Word limit- Abstract 500 words, Full paper 5000 to 7000 words
- Font Size – Heading 14, Text 12, Font- Times News Roman, Spacing 1.5, Margin 1”
- All references to be mentioned in foot note
- Paper to be submitted in word file to email@example.com
Selected papers will be compiled and deliberated by the National Security Advisory Board, Government of India. Selected candidates will be invited to make presentation at the Seminar
- Abstract Submission : July 10, 2018
- Acceptance of Abstract : July 15, 2018
- Submission of Full Paper : July 31, 2018
- Acceptance of Full Paper : August 5, 2018
- Last Date of Payment of Fees : August 10, 2018
- Student/Research Scholar : 500 /-
- Academician/Professional : Rs. 1,000 /-
- Accommodation will be provided on charge basis as per GNLU Norms
Dr. Kalpeshkumar L Gupta (Assistant Professor – Research) Email :- firstname.lastname@example.org , Mob. 81286 50857, 99248 97691
Mr. Mradul Mishra (Assistant Professor – Research) Email :- email@example.com , Mob. 81286 50835, 99195 49988