MOOT COURT COMPETITION: 5th International Law Moot Court Competition, 2018.
Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies, Law School, proudly announces its paramount annual event, 5th VIPS International Law Moot Court Competition, (herein after referred as 5th VIPS IMC 2018) from 12th-14th October, 2018. The moot court problem is based on contemporary issues in the context of Public International Law and International Humanitarian Law.
- The Competition is open to all bona fide regular students enrolled in any undergraduate law
- course or its equivalent in any University or Institute within or outside India recognized by the Bar Council or State Government or Central Government as the case may be.
- Each team shall comprise three members i.e. two speakers and one researcher. A team may also be comprised of two members i.e. two speakers only. The composition of the team shall not be changed once a team has registered under any circumstances whatsoever.
- The members of the team must be designated as either ‘Speaker’ or ‘Researcher’ and such designation shall be conveyed to the Administrators at the time of registration. No researcher under any circumstances shall be allowed to present any arguments during the Oral Rounds.
- Changes in the aforementioned designations shall not be made without a request by the responsible Faculty in Charge or Head of the Institution or Department of the Team seeking such change, as the case may be.
- The discretion to allow or disallow such change shall solely rest with the administrators depending upon the reasonability of the cause shown, stage of the Competition and compliance with the aforementioned rules.
- No additional member or team coach besides the three or two members, as the case may be, as referred to in Rule 3.2 shall be recognized as a participant and be allowed to attend the Oral Rounds.
- Interested teams are required to register by sending the following information latest by 15th August, 2018 through e-mail with the subject “Registration- 5th VIPS IMC 2018” at firstname.lastname@example.org :
- Name of the Institution or University
- Correspondence of Institution or University
- Details of Participants:
- Speaker 1: Full Name, Contact, E-mail
- Speaker 2: Full Name, Contact, E-mail
- Researcher (If any): Full Name, Contact, E-mail
- Duly filed Registration Form
- Registration Fee: Rs 5000/- for each participating team consisting of 3 or 2 members, to be submitted through Demand Draft or Cheque.
- The teams for registration are required to send a scanned copy of the Registration Form (PDF Format only) duly signed and sealed by the Head of the Institution or Department along with the scanned copy of Demand Draft or Cheque drawn in favour of “Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies Law School” latest by 15th August, 2018 on email@example.com
- The teams are required to send the hard copies of the registration form along payment by way of Demand Draft/Cheque via post or by hand to the Administrators latest by 20th August, 2018 on the following correspondence: The Dean, 5th VIPS IMC 2018 Advocates’ Legion Vivekananda Law School Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies, AU Block, Pitampura, New Delhi, India – 110034. Phone: +91 (11) 27343401, 27343402, 27343403 Phone: Dr. Deepti Kohli (Faculty Convenor): +91- 9899710439
- The receipt of hard copies of Registration Form along with the payment to the aforementioned address only shall confirm the participation of a team in the competition. An acknowledgment of the receipt of required documents as per Rule 4.3 shall be mailed to the respective Team Members and concerned Faculty along with Team Code Number.
- Communication with any one of the Team Members shall be deemed to be communication to the entire team for the purposes of this Competition. The administrators shall not be responsible for any error or discrepancies in the details provided under Rule 4.1 and the Registration Form, in which case the details given in the latter shall prevail.
- 1st July, 2018 – Release of Moot Problem and Commencement of
- Registration 15th August, 2018 – Last date for Registration of Teams and Team Details (Soft Copy submission of Registration Form along with Demand Draft/Cheque).
- 20th August, 2018 – Last date for submission of Hard Copy of Registration Form along with Demand Draft/Cheque.
- 2nd September, 2018 – Last date for allotment of codes for participating teams.
- 10th September, 2018 – Last date to apply for Clarifications regarding the Case (11:59 P.M. IST).
- 15th September, 2018 – Last date for submitting the soft copy of the Written Submission and Travel Form (11:59 P.M. IST).
- 20th September, 2018 – Last date for submitting the hard copy of the Written Submission.
- 12th October, 2018 – 5th Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies International Law Moot Court Competition, 2018 – Inaugural Ceremony and Draw of Lots for Preliminary Rounds.
- 13th October 2018 – Preliminary Rounds and Quarter-final Rounds.
- 14th October 2018 – Semi-final Rounds and Final Round followed by Valedictory session.
Dr. Deepti Kohli (Faculty Convenor): +91- 9899710439