CALL FOR APPLICATION: MINSITRY OF COMMERCE & TRADE, DIRECTOR GENERAL OF FOREIGN TRADE.
Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) formulates and implements Foreign Trade Policy (FTP). These functions entail close interaction with the related arms of the Government, economists, trade bodies, exporters as well as keep track of the changing scenario in International Trade. The need for an Internship Programme for the DGFT has been felt for quite some time. The Internship Programme will ensure interaction of the officers of the Directorate with the young scholars and Researchers with brilliant academic background from reputed academic institutions pursuing Studies/Research in Economics / Law / Finance / Management. While refreshing ideas from the field of academics will enable the Directorate to critically analyze its activity and take corrective steps in an objective impartial manner, it will also simultaneously provide an excellent opportunity to the brilliant interns to familiarize themselves with the over all process of formulation of foreign trade policy of the Government at the macro level and its implementation by DGFT at the micro level.
- Students in the final year of their graduation ( 4th & 5th years, in the case of Law graduates of Five year stream) with consistent excellent academic records/ fresh graduates with excellent academic records and possessing first class degree/students possessing first class graduation degree pursuing Post Graduation / high second class post-graduation degree (with at least 55% marks) pursuing Research courses in Economics / Finance / Management / Law at National Schools of Economics / Law / Central Universities / AICTE recognized Financial / Economic Institutions / Recognized National Management Institutes / Foreign Universities and Institutions of excellence can apply for internship.
- The Scheme is open to only Indian Nationals residing in India or pursuing their studies abroad.
Duration: The duration of the internship will be for maximum period of 2 months for Summer Internship Programme (June-July).
Declaration of secrecy: Interns are required to furnish to this Directorate a declaration of Secrecy before the commencement of the internship.
Submission of report: The interns will be required to present a report / paper at the end of their internship to the Head of Division.
Certificate of Internship: Certificates will be issued to the interns on satisfactory completion of their internships and on submission of their Report / Paper and its evaluation by the Head of the concerned Division.
- All the applications will be scrutinized by a Selection Committee and the actual offer will be sent to the selected candidates subject to the availability of slot, consent of the concerned Division and approval of the competent Authority.
- The decision of the Selection Committee shall be final and binding and no queries shall be entertained after the completion of the selection process.
- Interns will be paid a consolidated token remuneration of 10, 000 per month. Apart from this, there will be no other remuneration or payment. It is clarified that this is not salary.
- The interns are not employees of DGFT and there will be no assurance of any future employment with DGFT.
- Interested students can send their applications, along with their CVs, in the enclosed format to the Joint DGFT (O&M) at Directorate General of Foreign Trade, Room No. 103, Udyog Bhawan, New Delhi – 110 011 (Email: email@example.com) . The candidate will be required to produce a permission letter from Their Supervisor / Head of Department, in case he/she is interested to join internship during his/her course-work.
- The application should be submitted by 30 April (every year) for Summer Internship Programme (June-July).