CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: INTERNSHIP AT Wildlife Crime Control Bureau Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change ,New Delhi
Wildlife Crime Control Bureau is a statutory multi-disciplinary body established by the Government of India under the Ministry of Environment and Forests, & Climate Change, to combat organized wildlife crime in the country. The Bureau has its headquarter in New Delhi; five regional offices at Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Chennai and Jabalpur; three sub-regional offices at Guwahati, Amritsar and Cochin; and five border units at Ramanathapuram, Gorakhpur, Motihari, Nathula and Moreh. Under Section 38(Z) of the Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972, it is mandated to collect and collate intelligence related to organized wildlife crime activities and to disseminate the same to State and other enforcement agencies for immediate action so as to apprehend the criminals; to establish a centralized wildlife crime data bank; co-ordinate actions by various agencies in connection with the enforcement of the provisions of Act; assist foreign authorities and international organization concerned to facilitate co-ordination and universal action for wildlife crime control; capacity building of the wildlife crime enforcement agencies for scientific and professional investigation into wildlife crimes and advise the Government of India on issues relating to wildlife crimes having national and international ramifications, relevant policy and laws. It also assists and advises the Customs authorities in inspection of the consignment of flora & fauna as per the provisions of Wildlife Protection Act, CITES and EXIM Policy governing such an item.
- Students pursuing graduation/post graduation/Diploma in any of the following subjects.
- Any subject related to Wildlife Management/Conservation/Protection.
- The applicant should not be in a regular job either in Public/Private Sector.
- The applicant should not be more than 30 years of age.
- The applicant should be an Indian Citizen.
The internship shall be for a minimum duration of 1 month to a maximum of six months. In deserving cases the duration can be further extended by the Additional Director.
Certificate of Internship:
Certificate will be issued by the Wildlife Crime Control Bureau to intern on:
- Satisfactory completion of the internship
- Submission of a report on completion of the internship.
- Interested students may apply only in the prescribed format given in Annexure.
- Application must contain recommendation of the Head of Institute in official letter head from the academic institution where the candidate is pursuing his/her studies.
- The Application in the prescribed format complete in all respects may be sent by post of reach-The Additional Director, Wildlife Crime Control Bureau, 2nd floor, Trikoot-I, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi-110066.
- Envelope carrying application should be super scribed “Application for Internship for Month/Year”.
- The Application should reach this office 5 weeks before the proposed date of commencement of the internship.
- The application received will be scrutinized by the Selection Committee and the selected candidate will be intimated accordingly. The composition of the Selection Committee shall be decided by the Additional Director.
- While selecting the candidates for internship the selection committee shall give due importance to the academic performance of the applicant.
- The meeting of the selection committee shall be held two times in a year.
- The decision of the selection Committee shall be final and binding and no queries in this regard shall be entertained.
- The Wildlife Crime Control Bureau’s Headquarters is a Delhi and its five Regional offices are at Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata & Jabalpur and subregional offices at Cochin & Guwahati. The intern may be attached to any of the offices