ESSAY WRITING: “LAW AUDIENCE’S NATIONAL ONLINE CASE COMMENT WRITING COMPETITION-2018”
Law Audience presents its ‘National Online Case Comment Writing Competition-2018’ in collaboration with Legal Desire. Legal Desire is an Official Media Partner for this event. This event is aimed at promoting the importance of latest landmark judgments. This competition will enable the participants to know that how these latest judgments have changed the overall course of justice. Law Audience is providing an opportunity to legal minds to express their opinions on these latest landmark judgments in the form case comment writing.
- It shall be an online event.
- At present students/participants must be pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in Law, i.e., 3-year LL.B. Course or 5-year LL.B from any recognized college or university or pursuing LL.M from any recognized university or preparing for judiciary or pursuing any Bachelor Degree or Master Degree in any filed.
- It is also open for Advocates, Professors, Judges etc. Even a person who is not related to the field of law can participate in it.
- In one team, not more than 2 participants are allowed. But, however, participants may seek Individual or Single participation. In one team, students from different universities are allowed.
- Any University/College can send as much entries as
CASES AVAILABLE FOR CASE COMMENT WRITING:
- Common Cause (A Regd. Society) v. Union of India and Another (WRIT PETITION (CIVIL) NO. 215 OF 2005).
- Pawan Kumar v. State of H.P. (CRIMINAL APPEAL NO. 775 OF 2017, (arising out of S.L.P. (Crl) No. 8998 of 2016)).
- JUSTICE K S PUTTASWAMY (RETD.) AND ANR. v. UNION OF INDIA AND ORS. (WRIT PETITION (CIVIL) NO 494 OF 2012) .
- Shayara Bano v. Union of India and others (Writ Petition (C) No. 118 of 2016).
- Mukesh & Anr. v. State for NCT of Delhi & Ors. (CRIMINAL APPEAL NOS. 607-608 OF 2017, (arising out of S.L.P. (Criminal) Nos. 3119-3120 of 2014)).
FORMAT OF CASE COMMENT:
- Background of the case
- Case comment/analysis
- Word limit – Minimum 2500 words & Maximum 5000 words (Including foot notes).
- Format – MSWord.
- Font – Times New Roman.
- Font size- 12 for text, 14 for Headings, 10 for footnotes.
- Page numbers – bottom center.
- Line Spacing- 1.5 for text and 1.0 for footnotes.
- Alignment- Justified and layout must be A4 size.
- Margin- One inch each side.
- The citation methodology to be followed is Harvard Bluebook (19th Edition).
NOTE: Don’t include your personal details anywhere in the soft copy of Case Comment otherwise it’ll be disqualified.
- DATE OF RELEASE OF OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION: 25th July 2018
- LAST DATE FOR REGISTRATION : 4th August 2018
- LAST DATE FOR CLARIFICATIONS & ALLOTMENT OF TEAM CODES : 5th August 2018
- LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF SOFT COPY OF CASE COMMENT : 25th August 2018
- DECLARATION OF RESULT: On or Before 5th September 2018.