WORKSHOP: One Day Workshop on Law & Compliance under the Biodiversity Act, 2002 with Special Reference to the State Of Karnataka, National Law School of India University, Bengaluru.
National Law School of India University, Bengaluru Centre for Environmental Law Education, Research and Advocacy (CEERA) in association with Karnataka Biodiversity Board, Bengaluru Organizes One Day Workshop on Law & Compliance under the Biodiversity Act, 2002 with Special Reference to the State Of Karnataka
Venue: International Training Centre, NLSIU
Date: 6th August, Monday, 2018
OUTCOMES OF THE WORKSHOP:
The core-objectives of the One Day Workshop on Law & Compliance under Biodiversity Act, 2002 With Special Reference to the State of Karnataka are:
- To finalize the Terms of Reference for the Legal Advisory Group
- To understand the issues faced by the Karnataka Biodiversity Board in the grant of approvals and the processes to be followed on receipt of applications.
- To understand the internal procedures of the Karnataka Biodiversity Board, and the practical difficulties in coordination with counterparts from other States vis a vis Section 7 of Biological Diversity Act, 2002
- To identify the issues in the implementation of the Biological Diversity Act, 2002, Biological Diversity Rules, 2004, Karnataka Biological Diversity Rules, 2005, and the Guidelines on Access to Biological Resource and Associated Knowledge and Benefit Sharing Regulations, 2014.
- Identification of the framework and parameters required for the letter of approval-ABS agreement executed by the State Biodiversity Board
- To understand the framework of the ABS operational guidelines and to discuss the interpretation and application of the same by the State Biodiversity Board to attain successful implementation of the guidelines.
- To understand the practical difficulties faced by the Karnataka Biodiversity Board in ensuring compliance of Biodiversity Laws.