Call for Applications: CoRe – 2018: IGIDR PhD Colloquium
The Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) invites applications from PhD. scholars for participating in its third Conversations on Research (CoRe): IGIDR PhD. Colloquium. The Colloquium is being organized as part of the Institute’s overall mandate to foster excellence in research by stimulating interactions among young researchers across the country.
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS:
CoRe aims to provide doctoral students of Economics, Energy & Environment, and Development Studies:
- a platform to present their on-going research and gain valuable feedback on their work
- an opportunity to meet doctoral students from other parts of the country
- a forum to discuss emerging issues that concern both theoretical and empirical researchers
- guidance on improving the chance of publication through interactions with senior researchers and journal editors
- suggestions for post PhD. career options
Date and Venue: November 13-16, 2018, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Goregaon (East), Mumbai
- Full Paper Sessions: A total of 14 PhD. scholars who are in the advanced stage of their doctoral work will be invited to present a paper from their thesis. This will be followed by a discussion led b the chair/discussant. Two slots are earmarked for candidates who made poster presentations in CoRe 2016 & CoRe 2017 subject to their meeting acceptable quality standards.
- Poster Presentation Sessions: A total of 16 PhD. scholars who are in the initial stages of their PhD. will be invited to present an overview of their thesis in short/poster presentations.
- Panel discussions: Panel Discussions will be held every evening involving faculty members, journal editors and other resource persons from IGIDR and other academic institutions.
Financial Support: 3rd AC train fare by the shortest route, free accommodation on twin sharing basis, and full boarding.
All PhD Scholars registered with a university in India are eligible to apply. Interested participants should send the following documents by email to CoRe@igidr.ac.in:
- a covering letter,
- latest CV,
- scanned (attested) copy of a bonafide certificate from the College/Institute/University authorities,
- a letter of recommendation from the thesis supervisor, and
- a completed paper (to be considered for the Full Paper Sessions), or an overview of the thesis (to be considered for Short/Poster Sessions).
- All candidates must mention if they participated in CoRe 2016 & CoRe 2017.
The last Date for receiving applications is 31st August, 2018. Selected candidates will be informed by September 30th, 2018.
CoRe Email: CoRe@igidr.ac.in