The Gokula Education Foundation (GEF) was established in the year 1962 by Hon’ble Founder Chairman Dr. M. S. Ramaiah, a visionary, philanthropist and educationalist who pioneered a galaxy of institutions encompassing every field of Education with the sole objective of serving the society. Today it runs several educational institutions having independent infrastructure, faculty of high caliber with effective and interactive teaching skills. In the year 1995, the Hon’ble Founder Chairman Dr. M S Ramaiah established a ‘Centre of Excellence’ in the area of legal studies with the noble mission of imparting quality legal education adopting a befitting approach in a healthy academic atmosphere which has gone a long way in moulding the future of students to enable them to meet professional challenges with co incidence and fortitude.
SCHEME OF THE SEMINAR
DAY 1: PAPER PRESENTATION– to provide a platform to the students, faculty, lawyers and other academicians/researchers to share their critical perspectives. PRESENTATION OF CURRICULUM – The draft curriculums shall be presented by the participants as part of the Curriculum Drafting Competition.
Day 2: PANEL SESSION- An opportunity to discuss and deliberate in furtherance of the suggestions made during curriculum drafting and research paper presentation. To formulate a working curriculum and provide suggestions on the pedagogy and evaluation appropriate to the proposed curriculum. I.
Theme: Teaching methodology of commercial law in the context of social justice Objective: To understand the purpose of Legal Education and how each subject must be understood to achieve social justice
Sub Themes: Interdisciplinary/Multidisciplinary approach (with emphasis on social sciences and its interface with law)
International Trade Law
Intellectual Property Laws
Company Law & Corporate Governance
Clinical Legal Education and Corporate Lawyering
The topics are suggestive and the participants are encouraged to contribute papers on any of the related area covering the objective and purpose of the seminar.
- The Participants are required to submit an abstract not exceeding 500 words. Analysis or conclusion of the author. (It’s requested that the author may leave aside the introduction genera facts to the topic, which can be included in the full paper.
- The abstracts are to be accompanied by the details of the author/co-author.
Font Style- Times New Roman
Font Size – 12 (Main Text); 10 (Footnotes)
Line Spacing – 1.5 (Main Text); 1 (Footnotes)
Margin 1” on all sides
Citation Style- Bluebook 20th Edition
File Name- Name of Author + Title of Paper
File Format – . Doc/. docs/
- The shortlisted candidates shall be intimated via E-mail (25 July 2018).
- Original articles, satisfying the requirements shall be shortlisted for publication as a Book. Manuscripts under this category should be 4000-6000 words dealing with an issue in-depth with appropriate methodology and demonstrating a comparatively higher level of analysis.
- Co-authorship of papers (maximum two) among individuals of same or different institutions is permissible.
- The presenters will present their papers before a panel of experts who shall adjudge the paper presentations.
- The participants may adopt any suitable means for presenting the papers including audio-visual aids and Power Point presentations.
- The presenters at the Conference will be issued a certificate of participation and a certificate of presentation of research paper.
Last Date for abstract and registration form :30th August, 2018
For Brochure – Click here