WORKSHOP: TWO DAY NATIONAL WORKSHOP ON Access and Benefit Sharing and Conservation of Biological Diversity: NLSIU BANGALORE.
India is one among the ‘mega diversity’ countries of the world. Biodiversity in India is under constant threat due to various reasons such as habitat loss and degradation, over exploitation of resources, pollution and climate change. There is a need to protect, conserve and ensure sustainable use of these resources. The Indian Parliament legislated the Biological Diversity Act in 2002, which formulated a comprehensive legal framework for conservation and access benefit sharing of biological resources. Apart from the Act, we also have the Biological Diversity, 2004 (Rules), the Green Tribunal Act, 2010 and the Access and Benefit Sharing Guidelines, 2014 (Guidelines) that are in consonance with the Convention on Biological Diversity. It also protects and conserves the knowledge of the local community on traditional biological resource.
OBJECTIVE OF THE WORKSHOP:
- Conservation Issues and Challenges to Biological Diversity in India
- Research in Biological Diversity and The Law
- Importance of Regulating Biological Diversity and Access Benefit Sharing
- Legal Regime governing Bodiversity and Access Benefit Sharing in India
- Role of State in Conservation and Management of Biological Diversity
- Procedures to be followed by applicants While filing Access and Benefit Sharing for Bio-Resources
- Growth of Biotechnology Industry and Biological Diversity COnversation
- Monitoring Mechanism and its importance
- Intellectual Property Rights and Biological Diversity
- A descriptive title in CAPITAL LETTERS
- The initials and surname of the author(s)
- The department(s), institutions(s) and city(ies) should be listed next.
- The statement of problem/research proposal shall contain the following – Aim – Research context/background – Objective and importance of current action research project – Methods – Results – Timeline explaining stages of research in order to complete it in a particular timeframe – How is this action research going to help your institution /State/Region?
- The text should be single spaced.
- The font size of the text should be times new roman, size 12 font.
- The abstract must be contained within the margins provided
- All submissions are to be made in Microsoft Word (.doc) 2007/2010 format. Full paper has to be submitted in PDF.
- Proposal of not more than 1000 words, for original Action research project on the above mentioned themes are invited. Authors of shortlisted proposals shall be required to send their full length action research papers.
- The full length action research proposals should be 4000 – 8000 words (inclusive of foot notes). Potential contributors are required to adhere to a uniform mode of citation. Research Proposal) should be submitted as Word documents, with a covering letter containing the name and designation of the author(s), and should be emailed to the email addresses listed below
- Proposal Submission: August 24, 2018
- Communication for Acceptance of Proposal : August 28, 2018
- Last Date for Registration: August 31, 2018
- Submission of the Full Paper Submission: September 15, 2018
- Date of Conference: September 28 – 29, 2018