“Role of Judiciary in Personal Law Reforms in India: Prospect and Challenges”
- Need for Reforms in Personal Laws in India: An Analysis.
- Scope of Reforms in Personal Laws is a matter of Legislative Policy.
- Authoritative sources behind Personal Laws in India and Role of Religion to
control the Personal Laws.
- Challenging of Personal Laws under Part- III of the Constitution of India.
- Accountability of Secular State for violations caused by the operation of Personal
- Scope of re-writing the Personal Laws of a community for social reforms.
- Scope of Judicial Interpretation over the matter of Personal Laws based on religious scriptures in India.
- Whether for reforms, it is permissible to change the practices or acts done in pursuance of religion?
- Scope of Reforms in Personal Laws vis-a-vis religious communities in India.
- Scope of Introduction of Uniform Civil Code in India.
- Law relating to marriage and status of women.
- Changes in the institution of Marriage.
- Social Legislation and Gender Justice.
- National Commission for Women and its role in Gender Justice.
- Politics of personal law Reforms in India: A Political Narrative.
- Gender equality and its impact on Contemporary Politics.
- Neo-liberal policies and Gender Justice
Identified issues / Sub-themes are only illustrative. Participants may select the related topics covered under the main theme.
Call for Papers :
Research papers / Articles and Case Studies from legal fraternity are invited for presentation in the National Seminar. Communication of acceptance will be sent to authors for presentation. Co-authorship is allowed, but each author is required to register and pay the registration fees individually.
Rules for Participation
- Only registered participants will be allowed to take part in any of the events of the Seminar. Registration will be as given in table.
- All the registered participants will be provided with a participation Certificate, Conference kit, lunch and High tea.
- For Power Point Presentation, please inform us in advance.
- Participants can send prior information for registration by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
For any queries and assistance, please contact us via email on : vasudevcollegeof email@example.com
For telephonic queries, please call at +91-9690085732, +91-7456842605
Last date for Abstract : 25th September 2018
Last date for full paper : 2 nd October 2018
Language : Papers can be presented in either English or Hindi.
Presentation : Selected papers will be presented in different technical sessions followed by discussion.
Publication : Accepted papers would be published
For Brochure – Click here