NATIONAL WORKSHOP & TRAINING ON LEGAL RESEARCH METHODOLOGY, ON 27TH OCTOBER, 2018.
The primary aim of the workshop is intended to provide participants with insights on the research methods in the field of Law. The workshop is an initiative designed to raise understanding of growing issues relating to research with a focus on various research tools and methods. The data analysis while seems to be interesting with one variable, turns out to be actually complex, when a number of variables are involved. Most of the times, the evaluators who are evaluating the research work, raise the various concerns about research methodology such as the scale development process, selection of appropriate technique, assumptions of an appropriate technique, data requirements, etc. The understanding of these research issues is pertinent for the most effective results dealing with the issue at hand.
The workshop would focus on a range of subjects relating to Legal Research Methodology which shall include:
- Basics of Empirical Legal Research.
- Basics of Doctrinal Legal Research.
- Developing Research Design for Empirical and Doctrinal Legal Research
- Training in Data Analysis Techniques.
- Training in Tool Construction for Data Collection in Empirical Legal Research.
- Reporting of research findings.
Objectives of workshop:
- To provide a comprehensive understanding of research issues, basic concepts, techniques and tools associated with legal research methodology.
- To provide a balanced mix of concepts and hands on experience relating to data analysis, data construction and collection.
- To provide focus on the methodology, the techniques used,results and its interpretation in the research papers to enable the participants to write for quality journals.
Registration Fee Details:
Without Accommodations :
Early Bird Registration 23rd October, 2018 :
Students Siddhartha Law College: No Fee
- Students: 600/-
- Research Scholar: 750/-
- Faculty: 1000/-
After the last date/On the Spot Registration :
- Students Siddhartha Law College: No Fee
- Students: 700/-
- Research Scholar: 850/
- Faculty: 1100/-
Siddhartha Law College, will arrange accommodation for male delegates on first come first serve basis subject to availability of rooms in Hostel on sharing basis.
Accommodations Charges ‒ 500/- per person.
Candidate may apply and pay fee online through http://siddharthagroup.co.in/sgi-events/or offline and pay fee through Demand Draft in favour of ‘Siddhartha Law College’ payable at Dehradun or through NEFT.