CALL FOR PAPERS: NLIU-MEDIA LAW e-JOURNAL
The NLIU Media Law e-Journal is the flagship annual and peer-reviewed journal of the Cell for Studies in Media and Law (CSML), published under the aegis of National Law Institute University (NLIU), Bhopal. The primary aim of the Journal is to publish high-quality cutting-edge scholarship in the field of Media, Entertainment and Information Technology Laws. The previous volume of journal covered several vital issues ranging from Cyber- Terrorism, CCTV Surveillance of Court rooms to the problem of Fake news in contemporary media.
CATEGORIES FOR SUBMISSION:
Submissions must focus on aspects of law which impinge on and shape modern media practices – from regulation and ownership, to libel law and constitutional aspects of broadcasting such as free speech and privacy, obscenity laws, international media law and telecommunications policy. However, we have broad mandate and articles focusing on contemporary issues involving Media, Entertainment and Information Technology are also welcome. The submissions must be made only under the following categories:
- Long Articles (3500-5000 words*): The article must be a comprehensive and in-depth analysis of a contemporary issue and should include reference to a range of sources and contributions in the form of alternatives and suggestions.
- Short Articles (2000-3500 words*): The article must deal with a specific issue and must contain arguments for or/and against the existing set up.
- Case Comments (1500-3500 words*): The comment must be an analysis of a recent judgment, bringing out its relevance in light of the development of Media, Entertainment or Information Technology law, views expressed in the judgment and the opinion(s) of the author.
- Other Submissions (1500-3000 words*): These reviews must be a crisp account of either a recently published book or analysis of existing legislation or proposed bills and their implications. Authors may also contribute in form of short response to previous publications.
- All original submissions must be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 300 words. The abstract must expressly include the novelty and usefulness of the idea that the author wishes to put forth and must categorically mention the specific contribution of the article beyond the existing available literature.
- The body of the manuscript should have a Margin of 1’’ from all sides and should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 12 and in 1.5-line spacing. The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 10 and in single line spacing. No endnotes or speaking/descriptive footnotes are allowed. The citations must conform to The Bluebook Style of Citation, 20th edition.
- The title should be bold, Underlined, in Capitals, Size 16 and Center Aligned, while Headings should be Bold, in Capitals, Size 14, and Left Aligned.
- Co-Authorship to a maximum of two members is allowed. However, co-authorship is not allowed inthe category of “case-comments” or “other
Kindly send your manuscript in MS Word (.doc or .docx) format. The subject of the e-mail should be“Submission for Volume 2 – <Title of the manuscript>”.
The submission should be accompanied by a Covering Letter in the body of the mail which must include the following details:
Name of Author(s)
Contact Details– Address and Mobile No.
Name and Address of Institution (if any)
Course currently being pursued/Academic
No biographical information of the author(s) should be included in the text of manuscript, file name or document properties.
The last date for submission of the manuscripts shall be October 15, 2018, Monday (before 11:59 pm). Authors are requested to mail their submissions to email@example.com