Conference on Strategic Lawsuits Against Public Participation at World Law Forum [Oct 20, Delhi]: Registrations Open:
The World Law Forum Global Launch will be held on the 20th of October 2018 in New Delhi, India and will be celebrated by influential leaders in various fields. Coinciding with the World Law Forum Global Launch will be a Conference focussing on SLAPP, a phenomena which has been on the rise in India in the recent years.
Aims of Conference:
- Raise awareness of the SLAPP phenomenon and explore the applicability and effectiveness of Anti-SLAPP laws;
- Create a dialogue between journalists, lawyers and policy makers to protect freedom of expression and promote equality;
- Allow for community-building and encourage change makers to join the World Law Forum.
- Freedom of expression vs Access to Justice
- Responsible freedom of expression
- Whistle-blowing, Retaliation and SLAPP
- United Nations: Retaliation and Whistleblowing
- Corporate Governance and Culture Shift
- Emergence of SLAPP in India
- How far do existing laws address SLAPP suits?
- Differentiating legitimate lawsuit and SLAPPs
- Necessity of Anti-SLAPP legislation in India
- Professionals: INR 2800
- Young Professionals: INR 1800
- Students: INR 900
- Young Professionals are persons of 29 years of age or below at the time of the conference.
- Students are persons enrolled in a full-time course/degree at an accredited university. There is no restriction on age.
- Young Professional and Student ticket holders are required to present a valid ID/Student card on the day of the conference in order to enjoy subsidized rates and be admitted. Amounts include GST but exclude Town script transaction fee. Please refer to our Town script registration page for the total amount payable.
Who can attend?
- Students (law, humanities, political science, international relations, communications)
- Members and Supporter of NGOs
- Civil Servants
- Change makers
Date & Time:
October 20 from 9PM to 5PM