Internship at NHRC [Delhi, Stipend Rs. 8K, Dec 20 – Jan 18]: Apply by Oct 31:
With a view to spread awareness among University students about the need for protection and promotion of Human Rights, the National Human Rights Commission has been regularly conducting ‘Summer and Winter Internship Programmes’ since 1998 and 2000 respectively.
This year the “Winter Internship Programme (WIP) 2018” will commence from 20th December, 2018 (Thursday) to 18th January, 2019 (Friday) (30 days). Applications are invited from eligible students of the entire country.
- Students who have completed 1st year and pursuing in 2nd OR 3rd year of 3 years LL.B. Course are eligible to apply.
- Students who have completed 3 years OR VI Semester 5 years Course of BA/BBA.LLB., etc. and pursuing in 4th & 5th years are eligible to apply.
- Students pursuing M Course.
- Students pursuing MA in Human Rights, Political Science, Sociology, Social Work (MSW), Criminology, Public Administration, Rural Development, History, Economics, Commerce, Anthropology, International Relations and any of the discipline of Social Scienceswould be considered with preference to students pursuing their final year. Only students of regular courses of UGC Recognized Universities will be eligible.
- Students must have attained a minimum of 60% marks in Class XII.
- A 500 words write-up (hand-written only) on the topic “Reason for joining as Intern in NHRC” will be required to be submitted by the applicants along with application which will also serve as a basis of selection. Students who have research potential in the areas relating to human rights will be preferred (As indicated by them write-up).
- The merit will be made on the basis of marks calculated out of a total of 100 marks on account of Class XII @ 30 Marks, Graduation @ 40 Marks and the Marks scored in the Write-up of 500 words @ 30 Marks.
An amount of Rs. 15,000/- will be distributed to the interns who are placed in I, II and III position in the order of merit.
How to Apply?
The Application duly forwarded by HODs may please be sent by Post (any mode)/ ByHand (superscripted on the envelope “Application for WIP 2018”) to Dr. Sanjay Dubey, Director (Administration), National Human Rights Commission, Manavadhikar Bhawan, Block-C, GPO Complex, I.N.A., New Delhi-110023.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2018.