NMIMS LAW REVIEW: VOLUME 1 ISSUE 1
About the Journal:
The NMIMS Law Review is the flagship law journal of NMIMS Kirit P. Mehta School of Law, Mumbai. It is an Annual, student-edited, peer reviewed, law journal aims to provide a platform for engaging in multi-disciplinary discussions on various themes of law. The Law Review primarily seeks to promote a culture of research, scholarship and academic writing among students, academics and jurists, which would be readily available in the public domain, by publishing it online and in print.
The Editorial Board of the NMIMS Law Review is pleased to invite original and unpublished manuscripts for publication in Volume 1 Issue 1.
- Submissions for the Journal may be in the form of:
- Long Article (6000-10000 words): Articles must comprehensively analyse a contemporary legal issue that the author seeks to highlight. Articles would include research articles and theoretical discussions on any theme of law. It must either indicate the lacunae therein or, attempt to suggest possible changes, which can address the said lacunae or alternatively holistically cover the subject matter while offering a critical analysis of the chosen theme.
- Short Article (3000-5000 words): Must be concise and condensed, in their scope and conceptualisation than long articles. They must challenge existing principles and provide a fresh interpretation to an issue.
- Comments (1500-3000 words): A comment allows the author to critique any recent/landmark judicial pronouncement, legislation or a pending bill. The focus of a comment should be on a relatively recent pronouncement or legislation.
The NMIMS Law Review does not restrict itself to any particular area of law and welcomes contributions from all legal branches, as long as the work is original, unpublished and up to date.
Please note the following before submitting the manuscript:
- Law students pursuing the three year LL.B, as well as the five year integrated LL.B. program, students pursuing LL.M. or Ph.D., Research Associates, Academicians, Educators, and professionals and practitioners in any field of Law are eligible to submit.
- Co-authorship.– Co-Authorship is permitted upto two Authors.
- Judgement Criteria.—The manuscript shall be judged on the basis of language, structure, contribution to existing literature, contemporary relevance, depth of research and other such relevant criteria.
- Style Requirements.—
- The manuscript’s title must be on the first text page and must be title of the file.
- Font must be Times New Roman and sized 12 for body, and 10 for Footnotes.
- Line Spacing must be 1.5 for Body and 1.0 for Footnotes.
- One line gap must be maintained between all paragraphs and headings.
- Alignment must be justified.
- All text, including hyperlinks, must be in black colour only.
- —We accept footnote citations exclusively. Citations must conform to standards laid in the Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (19th Edition).
- Abstract and Keywords.—All manuscripts must contain an Abstract of 200-300 words. The Abstract length is excluded from the respective submission word limits. We appreciate if you include 5 keywords along with the abstract.
- Types of Submissions and Word Limit.— We accept the following, namely-
- Long Article: 6000-10000 words (excluding footnotes)
- Short Article: 3000-5000 words(excluding footnotes)
- Comment: 2000-5000 words (excluding footnotes)
- Submission Through Email.—All submissions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject as ‘Manuscript Submission for NMIMS Law Review’ and a declaration to the effect that the manuscript is an original and previously unpublished work of the author/s. Last date for submission for Volume I Issue I is November 25, 2018.