Dr. Vishnu Konoorayar
Associate Professor and Head
Center for Post Graduate Legal Studies
TERI School of Advanced Studies
Objective: The objective of the NLA-TU Course is to familiarise the participants with:
- the basic understanding of nuclear science and technology;
- the legal history and international engagement, with a focus on Global South;
- the IAEA – its role and functions -, and international nuclear treaties;
- regulatory structures and liability regimes of select jurisdictions; and
- India’s nuclear laws and regulatory processes, siting and consent procedures, environmental law and judicial decisions in India.
Participants (max. 50): –
Lawyers, legal advisers, law faculty and researchers; –
Nuclear scientists, policy makers, and officials from various nuclear institutions;
– Representatives from regulatory institutions and company professionals;
– Social science researchers and faculty; and
– PhD students; and 4th and 5th year law students.
Certificate & Venue
Certificate of participation will be given. The Program will be held at TERI University, New Delhi.
Fees for 5-day training program (4-day course + 1 day NPP site visit), including taxes:
- Rs. 20,000 for all professionals.
- Rs. 50,000 for three persons from the same organization.
- Rs. 5,000 for students. The fee includes – lunch and tea for the duration of the course,
a Welcome Dinner, the course materials, travel to the Narora Nuclear Power Plant and inclusive of all applicable taxes. Accommodation is not covered.
Limited numbers of single (Rs. 500/-) and shared rooms (Rs. 250/-) available per day near the University campus. Interested participants may contact the course coordinator.
NLA provides a limited number of scholarships in the form of full tuition fee waiver to deserving candidates from South Asia and South East Asia. Candidates are requested to write to the course coordinator.
For Brochure- Click Here