Applications are invited for admission to the Ph.D. Program in Law at Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai.
- Master’s degree in Law with at least 55% marks or equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7- point scale.
- A relaxation of 5% in eligibility criteria will be granted to candidates from SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled persons.
- Candidates appearing in the final year of the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply. (However, before the completion of the admission procedure, the original mark sheet of the qualifying examination has to be produced to show that the candidate fulfils the eligibility criteria.)
Categories of Enrolment
- Full-time enrolment
- Enrolment for the Ph.D. Degree shall ordinarily be full-time. The candidate shall put in a minimum of two-years residence of which at least 18 months shall be in the university. There shall thus be provision for the candidate to earn credits for research work done outside the university.
- Three years shall be the maximum period in which a full time candidate should complete the work and submit it for evaluation.
- Part-time enrolment
There shall be provision for part-time enrolment for the Ph.D. Degree.
- A part-time candidate shall put in a minimum of four years, including course work, of part-time study in the University including time spent for research at any other place with the permission of the Supervisor.
- Conversion either from part-time to full-time or from full-time to part-time is to be permitted only with the approval of the Doctoral Committee.
Procedure of Admission
- Application forms may be downloaded from the university websitewww.mnlumumbai.edu.in
- Filled-up application form along with the self-attested photocopies of the supporting documents and a demand draft of Rs 2000/- in favour of Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai, payable at Mumbai must reach the following address on or before24.12.2018.
Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai, 2nd Floor, MTNL Building, Technology Street, Hiranandani Gardens, Powai,
Mumbai, Maharashtra 400076
- The admission will be through an entrance test and a personal interview. The entrance test will be held at the University’s campus on
- UGC-NET/ JRF qualified candidates, will be exempted from appearing in the Ph.D. Entrance Test (PAT) but will have to submit the research proposal and shall appear for the Personal Interview.
- The entrance test will seek to judge the abilities of the candidates in the fields of Subject Knowledge and Research Methodology. The subject knowledge specific questions will be short-answer type, essay type as well as multiple-choice questions.
- Candidate short-listed on the basis of entrance test will be called for a presentation of research proposal.
- Admission will be subject to the availability of vacancies and facilities in the area of research chosen by the candidate.
- Candidates are advised to go through the MNLU Mumbai Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Regulations 2016 available on the website.
Ph.D. Admission Timeline
Advertisement of Ph.D. Admission on newspaper and website
Monday, 19th November 2018
Last date of receiving fully filled application form
Monday, 24th December 2018
Ph. D. Admission Test (PAT)
Sunday, 13th January 2018
Result of PAT
Monday, 21st January 2018
Submission of Research Proposal
Friday, 25th January 2018
Research Proposal Presentation in front of Doctoral Research Committee
Sunday, 27th January 2018
Declaration of Final Result
Tuesday, 28th January 2018
- Full-time enrolment