CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: Chair Professor / Professor / Associate Professor / Assistant Professor / Research Assistant Professor
Preference will be given to applicants with expertise in one or more of the following areas:
Finance (PR0098/18-19): Corporate Finance, Financial Institutions and Markets, Investment and International Finance, Financial Derivatives and Risk Management, Fintech
Management Information Systems (PR0099/18-19): All MIS fields, especially in IS Security, IS Auditing, Financial MIS, IT Governance, Consumer Insight and E-commerce, Big Data Analytics
- Applicants must hold, or expect to hold, a PhD degree. Applicants for Research Assistant Professorship should have good potential in research and teaching. Applicants for Chair Professorship / Professorship / Associate Professorship / Assistant Professorship should be able to demonstrate commitment to excellence in research and teaching and be willing to work collaboratively with colleagues. Evidence of ability to publish in top-tier journals is required.
- The appointment is offered on a tenure track. Initial appointment will be made on a fixed-term contract of up to three years commencing September 2019 or earlier. Re-appointment thereafter is subject to mutual agreement and availability of funding. Outstanding candidates at Associate Professor or above rank may be considered for tenure on appointment.
- Remuneration package includes retirement/gratuity benefits, annual leave, medical and dental scheme, housing assistance and relocation allowance wherever appropriate.
- Rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Applicants are invited to submit their applications at the HKBU e-Recruitment System (hkbu.edu.hk). All applicants should send in their teaching evaluation results of last three years and samples of publications, preferably three best ones out of their most recent publications.
- Applicants should also request two referees to send in confidential letters of reference, with PR number quoted on the letters, to the Personnel Office (Email:firstname.lastname@example.org) direct. Applicants not invited for interview 4 months after the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. All application materials including publication samples, scholarly/creative works will not be returned after the completion of the recruitment exercise unless upon request. Details of the University’s Personal Information Collection Statement can be found at hkbu.edu.hk/pics.
- The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the posts advertised, and the appointment will be made according to the terms and conditions then applicable at the time of offer.
Closing date: 1 December 2018