About the Competition:
The event is aimed at promoting the importance of latest landmark judgments. This competition will enable the participants to know that how these latest judgments have changed the overall course of justice. Law Corner is providing an opportunity for legal minds to express their opinions on these latest landmark judgments in the form of case comment writing.
- The entire event will be conducted online.
- Students pursuing LL.B., i.e., 3 year or 5 year course from any recognized College or University or pursuing LL.M from any recognized University or preparing for judiciary or pursuing any Bachelor Degree or Master Degree in any field.
- It is also open for Advocates, Professors, and Judges etc. Even a person who is not related to the field of law can participate in it.
- In Co-authorship, not more than 2 participants are allowed.
- Last date of registration: 20th January, 2019.
- Last date of submission: 15th February, 2019.
- Declaration of result: On or before 22th February, 2019.
List of Cases for Case Comment (Choose 1):
- Indian Young Lawyers Association & Ors. v The State of Kerala & Ors. [W.P. (Civil) 373 of 2006] – (Women entry on Sabarimala Temple).
- Joseph Shine v Union of India, [WP (Criminal) No. 194 of 2017]- (Striking Down of Adultery Law passed on 27th September 2018).
- Justice KS Puttaswamy (Retd.) & Anr. v Union of India & Ors. [W.P. no. 494 of 2012]- ( Validity of Aadhaar Judgment passed on 26th September 2018).
- Navtej Singh Johar & Ors. v Union of India Thr. Secretary Ministry of Law & Justice,[ WP (Criminal) No. 76 of 2016]- (Sec. 377 Decriminalisation Case passed on 6th September 2018).
- Atiya Sabri v Union of India & Ors [WP (Criminal) No. 43 of 2017] (SC Declares Triple Talaq Unconstitutional Judgment passed on 22th August 2017).
Format of Case Comment:
- Background of the Case
- Case Comment / Analysis
- Word limit – Minimum 2500 words & Maximum 5000 words (including footnotes)
- Format – MS Word; font – Times New Roman
- Font size – 12 for text, 14 for Headings, 10 for footnotes
- Page numbers – bottom center
- The case comment must be written in English.
- Line Spacing – 1.5 for text and 1.0 for footnotes
- Alignment – Justified and layout must be A4 size
- Margin – One inch each side
- The citation methodology to be followed is Harvard Bluebook (19th Edition).
- The submission must be original.
- Plagiarism of any sort will lead to immediate disqualification.
- All submissions must be sent as .Doc or .Docx files to email@example.com .The title of the Soft Copy of Case Comment must be in the following format: “Justice Hidayatullah Memorial Case Comment Writing Competition, 2019”.
First Prize- Certificate of Merit + Medal+ Cash Prize Rs. 3000/- + Internship opportunity at Law Corner and Lex Research Hub + 10 percent discount on next event of Lex Research Hub & Law Corner.
Second Prize– Certificate of Merit + Medal+ Cash Prize Rs. 2000/- + Internship opportunity at Law Corner and Lex Research Hub + 10 percent discount on next event of Lex Research Hub & Law Corner.
Third Prize– Certificate of Merit + Medal+ Cash Prize Rs. 1500/- + Internship opportunity at Law Corner and Lex Research Hub + 10 percent discount on next event of Lex Research Hub & Law Corner.
Top 10- Top ten selected participants will get a Certificate of Appreciation + Internship opportunity at Law Corner and Lex Research Hub + 10 percent discount on next event of Lex Research Hub & Law Corner.
ALL PARTICIPANTS WILL BE ISSUED E-CERTIFICATES.
- All the Selected entries will be published on our website with the name of the Author.
- A soft copy of the certificate of participation will be emailed to all the participants after the successful declaration of the result.
- Single Author- Rs.400
- Co-Author- Rs.700
- Single Author- Rs.500
- Co-Author- Rs.800
FOR THE PAYMENT OF REGISTRATION FEES:
- PAYTM – 8001324635
- PAY WITH PAYMENT GETWAY
- Fill our Registration Form
Call – +91 8436488805
E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
For E-Brochure Click Here