RGNUL Exagium: Essays on Classics International Essay Writing Competition
RGNUL Exagium is an online International Essay Writing Competition for Undergraduates, Postgraduates and Research Scholars from diverse disciplines. With an objective to enhance the reading, writing and analytical skills of the students, RGNUL Exagium attempts to engage the Undergraduates and Postgraduates in the reading of Classics. The classics penned by eminent authors and personalities imply continuance and consistence. The reading of such texts is of great significance to the young people as they get enlightened about various issues. It also enables them to understand the contemporary times.
Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab, India invites essay entries to RGNUL Exagium. The participants shall write an analytical essay* on the selected classic. Participants shall give an appropriate title to the Essay on the selected text.
The essay must focus on the thematic concerns of the writer:
- Essay must be original, logical and coherent.
- Essay should not be summaries.
- Essay should discuss the major issues/themes of the text.
- The analysis of the text must be supported with proper evidence and personal response. Two texts can also be selected for the essay.
Eligibility Criteria and Rules for the Competition:
- The competition is open to the students pursuing Undergraduate (BALLB/ BA/B.Sc./B.Com/BBA/B.Tech/MBBS) or any other Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses (MA/LLM//MSc./MPhil/PhD) in any University/College across the globe.
- Only original essays on the selected text that have not been published or have not been accepted for publication should be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plagiarism of any form shall result in disqualification.
- No identification marks must be found in any part of the essay.
- Registration form can be downloaded from the University website http://www.rgnul.ac.in
- The Essay must be type-written in English, in Times New Roman, 12 font size and 1.5 line spacing.
- Word limit for the Essay is 2000-2500 words.
- The Essay must be submitted in MS-Word format.
- Soft Copy submission of Essay, Registration Form, Institutional ID and Demand Draft/ e-receipt on or before 2nd March 2019.
- Hard Copy submission of Essay, Registration Form, Institutional ID and Demand Draft/ e-receipt on or before 9th March 2019.
- Late Entries shall not be accepted.
- Only two co-authors shall be allowed.
- The University shall publish the essays recommended by the Experts in a Book with an ISBN number.
- Authors shall receive a copy of the Book.
- Certificates of Participation shall be given to all the authors. ® No Registration Fees for International Participants.
- International participants must mail the Soft Copy only.
- e-Certificates shall be mailed to International participants.
- No Registration Fees for RGNUL Students.
The students of RGNUL shall not be eligible for prizes but the best entries shall be felicitated with Certificates of Merit.
National Participants : Rs. 1000 per entry , Rs. 1500 (In case of co- authors)
Demand Draft in favour of Registrar, RGNUL, Punjab, payable at Patiala
For official notification & Selecton text details – click here.
For more details regarding other conferences, internships, events and much more download the app.