CALL FOR PAPERS: “Maya”- A Gender and Sexuality Magazine.
Maya means ‘love’ in Nepali, ‘courage and bravery’ (Maia) in Maori and ‘illusion’ in Sanskrit] Maya is a unique initiative of the LGBTQI+ community of Jindal Global University, Sonipat (India). We seek to provide an avenue for discussions on issues of gender and sexuality. Maya does not hope to merely limit itself to theorizing upon individuals’ gender and sexuality, but rather document the lives of those individuals at different places and stages of life.
What are we looking for?
- We seek new and original writings (fiction or nonfiction), articles, poetry, book/film reviews, opinion pieces, campus reports, research studies, art, memes & photography.
- You can also visit our website to get an idea of the kind of content that we have published.
Who Can Submit?
Students, academicians, research scholars, and activists are welcome to contribute to the magazine. The deadline for submission is 31st January 2019. We will be publishing our forthcoming issue (Volume 1, Issue 3) by mid- February.
Submission Guidelines and Procedure:
- We prefer submissions that do not exceed 1,500 words in length. However, the Magazine is flexible on the word count depending on quality of submission.
- All submissions to the Magazine should be original and should not be simultaneously considered by any other publication.
- Each submission will be reviewed by one or more editors of the Magazine who retain their absolute discretion in determining whether to accept a submission and, if accepted, whether the submission requires revisions.
- Each submission must be accompanied with a two line description giving a brief of the content.
- Show the love. No sexist/racist/homophobic/casteist/transphobic content.
- Submissions must be sent to email@example.com. Authors must include their brief biographical information (in no more than two lines). This information should include institutional affiliation and corresponding email address.
- We accept anonymous submissions. However please indicate your pen name and affiliation (e.g. law student at Jindal Global Law School). Please upload anonymous submissions on the Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/request/WVnGaSd4AuXl9vW3sa2A
If any contributor has any queries or would like to discuss a proposal, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org