INTERNSHIP: Washington Center Academic Internship Program, USA 2019
he Washington Center is proud to offer the Academic Internship Program for an undergraduate student who is enrolled at an accredited college or university. They’ll give their students the guidance and support to succeed.
The Washington Center also will equip you with the knowledge and tools you need to pursue your goals and connect to powerful professional networks. TWC considers recent college graduates and students in master’s level programs on a case-by-case basis.
Field of Internship: Internship is available for Undergraduate student’s level.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: The Washington Center
An internship can be taken in the United States
To be eligible to participate in this program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate student at an accredited college or university.*
- Be a sophomore or above while participating in the program and have completed at least two semesters on campus by the start of our program.
- Maintain a grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
- Receive academic credit from your college or university for your participation in the program (TWC does not grant credit).
- Have approval from your campus liaison (or a faculty sponsor if there is no TWC liaison on your campus).
Internship Open for International Students: Internship is available for students who are enrolled as an undergraduate student at an accredited college or university.
Is this paid internship? This is a paid internship program.
- You’ll work full-time Monday through Thursday at your internship so you’re on the job enough to do real meaningful work and feel like part of the team.
- Before you get here, they’ll help you sort through internship options and connect you with the ones that best fit your interests, skills and professional goals.
- When internship offers come in (yes, you might get more than one), you choose the one that’s right for you.
- They work with more than 600 intern host partners, so they’ve got you covered.
Number of awards offered: Numbers not given
TWC students recurrently make use of the relationships that they developed through their semester or summer in D.C. to improve their career prospects, and many are offered positions directly. They absolutely give confidence in networking while you are here!
How to Apply:
You need to submit the following documents along with your application:
- One-page Resume
- Statement of Professional Interest (approx. 100 words)
- Issues Essay (approx. 500 words)
- Official Transcript
- Two Letters of Recommendation
Applicants must include the application documents from to complete the application process through the given link: https://portal.e.twc.edu/
If you’re not quite ready to apply or are interested in learning more about our programs, please submit a Request for Information below.
Internship Application Deadline:
- Internship application deadline is in summer 2019 for Priority: February 20, 2019, or for Regular: March 13, 2019.
- In fall 2019 for Priority: April 17, 2019, OR for Regular: May 15, 2019.