CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: TERI SCHOOL OF ADVANCED STUDIES CENTRE FOR POST GRADUATE LEGAL STUDIES ADMISSION NOTIFICATION FOR ONE YEAR LL.M. PROGRAMME- 2019
THE CENTRE FOR POST GRADUATE LEGAL STUDIES:
The Centre for Post Graduate Legal Studies is set up as an interdisciplinary Centre of excellence dedicated to legal research and teaching on issues pertaining to society and development. Environmental laws and Infrastructure laws are two emerging fields in legal practice. There is a dearth of qualified legal professionals in both these fields. It is in this context that the TERI School of Advanced Studies (TERI SAS) offers one-year LL.M. programme with specialisation in Environment and Natural Resources Law, and Infrastructure and Business Law.
A candidate having an LL.B. / B.L. Degree from a recognised University/Institution.
Admission to the LL.M. programme is made on the basis of an all-India online test, and interview conducted by the TERI School of Advanced Studies. The online test will be one-hour long and will consist of one paper with 100 multiple-choice questions.
The questions will be divided into three sections:
* Proficiency in English
* Analytical reasoning
* Quantitative ability
Wrong answers would invite negative marking. The online test would be followed by a written test and interview of short listed candidates. The written test will be on legal reasoning and basic legal knowledge.
ONLINE ENTRANCE EXAMINATION CENTRES:
Common online test is likely to be conducted at the following centres*
New Delhi, Jaipur, Hyderabad, Ranchi, Vishakhapatnam, Bangalore, Guwahati, Cochin, Patna, Bhopal, Ahmedabad, Chennai, Mumbai, Agra, Pune, Lucknow, Bhubaneshwar, Kolkata, Chandigarh
* Choice of centre is to be indicated in the application form. Centre’s are likely to change depending on the number of students.
CENTRE FOR WRITTEN TEST AND INTERVIEW: Delhi
Last date of receipt of application form: 10 May, 2019
Date of online test for eligible candidates: 25 -26 May, 2019
Declaration of shortlisted candidates: 3 JUNE , 2019
Date of interviews for shortlisted candidates: 11-14 June 2019
- Applications can be made on-line at <www.terisas.ac.in/how-to-apply>. The requisite payment of Rs. 1250/- can be made through credit card/direct bank debit through a secure gateway. Payment can also be done by sending a demand draft after on-line registration. On-line registrations will be open till 5.00 p.m. on 10 May 2019.
- Alternatively, the application forms and the information brochure can be obtained from the Registrar, TERI SAS, 10, Institutional Area, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi – 110 070, or through post by sending a Demand Draft of Rs. 1500/- drawn in favour of ‘Registrar, TERI School of Advanced Studies’ payable at New Delhi. The completed application forms must reach the Registrar by 5.00 p.m. on 10 May 2019.
- Application forms may also be downloaded from the Deemed University’s web site <www.terisas.ac.in>, in which case a DD of Rs. 1450/- must accompany the completed form.
- Candidates are permitted to apply for one or more of the programmes. In this case, candidates will be required to indicate their order of preference in the application form.
FOR MORE DETAILS, CONTACT
TERI School of Advanced Studies
10, Institutional Area
New Delhi – 110 070
India, Tel. 011-71800222; Fax 011-26122874 E-mail: email@example.com
- If you have any questions related to the Centre for Post Graduate Legal Studies, you can also send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org