SEMINAR: NATIONAL SEMINAR ON CORPORATE AFFAIRS: Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Punjab,
Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Punjab, was established by the State Legislature of Punjab by passing the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab Act, (Punjab Act No. 12 of 2006). The Act incorporated a University of Law of national stature in Punjab, thereby fulfilling the need for a Centre of Excellence in legal education in the modern era of globalization and liberalization.
THEME OF THE SEMINAR:
Theme of the seminar is limited to challenges faced by corporate sector in India. The basic objective of the theme is to explore the problems relating to sub themes of the seminar and spread awareness on these issues. The sub themes of seminar include but are not limited to:
- Corporate Frauds And Scams
- Corporate Criminal Liability
- Money Laundering
- Fugitive Economic Offenders
- Ease Of Doing Business
- Real Estate Regulation and Development
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Restructuring
- Corporate Regulations
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Sustainability
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Competition Law
- Corporate Taxation
- Securities Law
- International Investment Treaties
- Double Taxation Avoidance Agreements • Alternative Dispute Resolution
CALL FOR PAPERS:
Seminar papers are invited from academicians, practitioners, researchers, scholars and students on the issues related to specified themes. Authors of selected papers would be given an opportunity to present their papers on the day of the seminar in person. Other authors whose papers have been accepted but are not selected for presentation in person shall make a presentation through web-conferencing. The authors not having web conference facility or
unable to travel on seminar day may make presentation by sending their recorded video along with full paper in hard copy.
PUBLICATION OF EDITED BOOK
- A committee shall be constituted to select at least ten papers that shall be published in a special volume on the seminar in the form of an edited book with ISBN No.
- BEST PAPER AND BEST PRESENTATION AWARD
- A panel of judges shall be constituted to select two papers out of the papers allowed to be presented in person on the seminar day and shall be awarding them with following prize money:
GUIDELINES FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
An abstract along with a brief profile of the first/sole author must be sent through following link: Abstract Submission : Click here.
ACCEPTANCE OF ABSTRACT AND PAYMENT OF FEE
- Intimation for acceptance of abstract along with details to submit full paper and payment of fee shall be sent to the authors of selected papers via email.
- The abstract and full paper must be formatted in adherence to any uniform method of citation. All the abstracts and full length papers must be sent before the cut off dates as follows.
Last Date of Submission of Abstract
10 February 2019
Intimation of Acceptance of Abstract
15 February 2019
Last Date for Online Payment
20 February 2019
Full Paper Submission (Soft Copy)
28 February 2019
Each co-author shall pay separately. Registration and payment is to be done online on or before the cutoff date. Details of online registration and payment will be intimated along with intimation of acceptance of abstract.
- Any participant who is invited for paper presentation in person may request for accommodation on payment basis subject to availability in RGNUL. The request shall be entertained through an email to seminar convenor(s).
- A committee appointed by Vice-Chancellor of RGNUL shall finally settle any dispute regarding selection of papers for in person presentation or award.
- Certificates shall be dispatched through post office on the address provided by participant(s) while submitting the abstract.
- RGNUL and the organising committee shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to the certificates sent through post.
- The author of the best paper at the seminar may also be invited as a resource person on a future date.