9TH UPES – DR. PARAS DIWAN MEMORIAL INTERNATIONAL ‘ENERGY LAW’ MOOT COURT COMPETITION, 2019
UPES School of Law proudly announces its 9th edition of “UPES – DR. PARAS DIWAN MEMORIAL INTERNATIONAL ‘ENERGY LAW’ MOOT COURT COMPETITION, 2019’.The competition is scheduled from April 5, 2019, to April 7, 2019.
Established in the year 2007, UPES School of Law is aspiring to become the centre of excellence in legal education. As a professional law school that offers courses at various levels like undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate, it prepares its incumbents for rewarding careers in various roles and responsibilities in the legal industry. Graduates of the SoL are highly sought after by law firms as well as other businesses as they possess strong subject-matter expertise in law, legal institutions, justice and governance with demonstrable skills of legal counsel and professional argumentation, as well as domain-specific knowledge. Courses offered by the SoL are delivered by highly accomplished full-time faculty, blended by practicing lawyers and law professionals each an expert in their respective fields. SoL prides itself on its exceptional pedagogy, carefully crafted curriculum and unique instructional methods such as simulation and live client-based teaching.
UPES School of Law has been successfully organizing Dr. Paras Diwan Memorial International ‘Energy Law’ Moot Court Competitions since 2011. The competition aims at creating opportunities for learning and testing one’s skill in the field of energy laws.
We cordially invite teams from prestigious Law Universities/Schools/Colleges/Institutions to participate in this prestigious Moot Court Competition, which shall, as we hope, give you an unforgettable enriching experience. We look forward to your participation in the 9th UPES – Dr. Paras Diwan Memorial International ‘Energy Law’ Moot Court Competition, 2019
- Students enrolled in full time 3 years or 5 years law programs are eligible to compete in the competition. Each College/Institution/University may send maximum of one team.
- Any team from any Institution/University outside the territory of India, will have to provide the copy of their passport with their registration form.
- For registering for competition, the registration form (link below) must be submitted online at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before February 10, 2019 and hard copy of the same shall reach our college by February 15, 2019.
- The Registration fee for the competition is Rs. 6000/team that is to be transferred in favour of University of Petroleum & Energy Studies via electronic means in the account details provided in the rule-book (link below).
- There is a team capping of 26 teams for this event. The slots will be filled in first-cum-first-serve basis on the receipt of soft copy of registration form.
- Commencement of Registration: January 9, 2019
- Last Date of Registration: February 10, 2019
- Last date for seeking clarifications of Problem: February 25, 2019
- Last date for sending soft copy of Registration form / Registration Form with Transaction ID receipt: February 10, 2019
- Last date for sending hard copy of Registration form / Registration Form with Transaction ID receipt: February 15, 2019
- Last Date for Submission of Memorials & Travel Form (Soft Copy): March 15, 2019
- Last Date for Submission of one copy of Memorial & Travel Form (Hard Copy): March 23, 2019
- Inauguration, Orientation and Researchers Test: April 05, 2019
- Submission of Memorials (Five Hard Copies): April 05, 2019
- Oral Rounds – April 06, 2019 & April 07, 2019
- Valedictory & Prize Distribution- April 07, 2019