MASTER OF LAWS IN INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY WITH SPECIALIZATION IN PATENET LAW AND DESIGN LAW – UNIVERSITY OF ANKARA
- General introduction to intellectual property
- Trademarks, Industrial Designs and Geographical Indications
- Introduction to Intellectual Property and Research Methodology: Interdisciplinary Approaches
- Advanced Patent Law: Substantive and Procedural
- Advanced Design Law: Substantive and Procedural
- Advanced Trademarks
- Geographical Indications and Traditional Knowledge
- Commercialization of Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property Infringement at Universities
- Research project
To be considered, applicants shall:
- hold a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university (open to all disciplines)
- Transcript (minimum GPA: 2.00 / 4.00)
- Proof of English proficiency (TOEFL iBT: 78 / Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): Score B, Cambridge English Proficiency (CPE): Score C, or Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic): Score 67, Turkish Foreign Language Exam –YDS or YÖKDİL: 65)
- One reference letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of purpose (maximum one page, including two lines indicating if you apply for a scholarship and why)
- ALES score (min. 55, only for Turkish students)
- to pass the entrance exam for Turkish students and self-sponsored international students (held by Ankara University) students are required to send the official documents ot Ankara University upon requests after the selection period.
Maximum number of students
20 places are available for self-supported and financed students.
Up to 10 scholarships will be available from WIPO and Republic of Turkey for international students from developing countries, least developed countries and countries with economies in transition and cover:
- travel costs
- tuition fees
- subsistence allowance
- medical insurance
Visa costs, if any, are at the expense of participants.
Successful applicants for scholarships are notified by the awarding institution. Thereafter, they will be provided with relevant information.
Ankara University also offers scholarships. These scholarships cover tuition fees only for Turkish students.
All applicants have to apply online in the WIPO Academy and Ankara University websites.
All Turkish and self-sponsored students should apply through the website of Institute for Social Sciences, Ankara University and attend an entrance exam www.sosbilens.ankara.edu.tr .
In addition, they should apply through the WIPO Academy website in order to be registered for the WIPO Academy Distance Learning courses planned for the LL.M. program.
Academic year September 2018 – July 2019
- September to December 2018: compulsory distance learning phase through the WIPO Academy e-Learning Center (lms.wipo.int), with final exam;
- February to May 2019: residential phase at Ankara University, Ankara, Turkey, including practical training at TPI in Ankara, Turkey; and
- May to June, 2019: examination, finalization and submission of a research project.
Successful students will be awarded Master of Law degree in Intellectual Property by the Ankara University on behalf of WIPO and TPI.
Classes are delivered by eminent academics from the Ankara University, visiting lecturers from other leading universities, reputed IP professionals and staff of co-organizers.
- Registration : 11-Apr-2018 – 30-Jul-2018
- Course : 17-Sep-2018 – 30-Jun-2019
Documents to be uploaded
- University Degree (translated in English) *
- For non-native speakers proof of English language: TOEFL / CAE or acceptable equivalent *
- Transcript of University studies (Translated in English) *
- Recommendation letter *
- Motivation letter for AIP (Max 300 words) *
- Recent Curriculum Vitae *
Documents marked with * are mandatory.