JOB POST AT GAUTAM GHAMBIR FOUNDATION : FINANACE AND HR LEAD
Role: FINANACE AND HR LEAD
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- To provide strategic leadership and responsibility for the Finance and HR functions across the organisation.
- To ensure the application of Gautam Gambhir Foundation financial policies and procedures in collaboration with the other members of the Senior Management Team.
- Support the Chief Executive Officer in good governance by ensuring compliance and reporting related to donors, the Board, and other legal and statutory procedures.
- Ensure required financial policies, guidelines, and other essential documents exist, remain current and applied across the foundation.
- Ensure foundation assets are adequately safeguarded, and report to Chief Executive any financial irregularities.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the Senior Management Team, Trustee; assess any changes necessary.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the CEO; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the trustee, CEO and other senior management team members.
- Develop GGF’s human resources and administration, enhancing professional development, compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, training, and recruiting.
- Ensure that recruiting processes are consistent and streamlined.
- Establish and manage a comprehensive training program to educate employees regarding staff tools, policies, and procedures.
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants.
- Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization scales.
Qualifications and work experience:
- B Com – Mandatory; M Com – Preferable
- Work Experience – 1-2 years – Preferable
- Tally, excel and manual accounting.
It will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels.