Job Post of Service Law Expert AT IIT(ISM), Dhanbad
The Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines), Dhanbad invites applications for empanelment of Service Law Expert on purely contractual basis, for three years initially and renewable on year to year basis till such time there is a felt need of their services, subject to satisfactory performance to be evaluated by the Competent Authority. The details regarding eligibility criteria, terms of references etc. are as under:
1. Name of the post: Service Law Expert(purelyoncontractualbasis):01
IIT(ISM), Dhanbad invites applications from Indian nationals for hiring Service Law Expert
- (i) The essential educational qualifications: LLB from recognized university and/or Institute in India or abroad, recognized by the Bar Council of India.
- (ii) Registered as an advocate in any State Bar Council/Bar Council of India in terms of Advocate’s Act, 1961.
- (iii) At least three years of experience in Court of Law or expert in legal matters with sufficient experience working in Central Govt. Department having handled Court cases.
(iv)Retired government servant of the level of DS/Director fulfillment the above criteria may also apply for the post.
2. The general terms and conditions of engagement are s listed below:
- (i) Consolidated remuneration of : Rs. 2,000/- per consultation subject to a maximum of Rs. 50,000/- (inclusive of retaining fee of Rs. 10,000/-) will be payable inclusive of all per month.
- (ii) Period of engagement : The Service Law Expert will initially be engaged for a period of one year extendable upto three year. The engagement can be extended or curtailed depending upon the performance/need of the Institute.
(iii) Allowances: No allowance such as Dearness Allowance, Residential Telephone, Transport Facility, Transport Allowance, House Rent Allowances CGHS, Medical reimbursement etc. is admissible.
- (iv) Headquarters: The Service Law Expert may work from his place. However, if required, he may be required to visit Dhanbad or any place in India for which TA/DA at the rates admissible to Dy. Registrar of IIT (ISM) shall be payable.
- (v) No other benefits will be admissible.
- (vi) IIT(ISM), Dhanbad reserves the right to terminate the engagement of the Service Law Expert without any prior notice if the performance is not found to be satisfactory.
- (v) The Service Law Expert would be subject to the provisions of Indian Official Secrets Act, 1923 not only during the assignment but thereafter also.
- (vi) The Service Law Expert is expected to perform the following duties/functions:
- (a) Tender legal opinion on the issues coming before the Institute. Prepare para-wise comments, on writ Petitions, SLPs, PILs filed against the IIT(ISM), Dhanbad and forward to the concerned Standing Counsel after approval of the Competent Authority for drafting counter affidavit.
- (b) Scrutinize the counter affidavit received from Counsel with reference to the parawise comments.
- (c) Perform such other work of legal nature as may be entrusted form time to time.
- (d) Further, the Service Law Expert should be in sound health (both physically and mentally) should not be an accused officer in any pending inquiry and should be of impeccable integrity.
- Selection Procedure: The engagement shall be purely on contract basis. Applications in response to this advertisement shall be shortlisted on the basis of experience and qualifications of applicants. The Service Law Expert shall be selected from Shortlisted candidates.
- The interested candidate/firms may submit an applications along with copies of educational qualifications and experience in a closed envelope in the format attached and address it to the Registrar, Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines), Dhanbad. The last date of submission of application is 23rd April, 2019, 5.30 pm.
- Further, he/she should submit an affidavit of No Conflict of Interest along with the necessary documents as mentioned.