Two week Capacity Building Programme for Faculty Members in Social Science (JUNE 11-24, 2019):
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME:
Research is the systematic and objective process of gathering, recording and analyzing data for taking appropriate and meaningful decisions. It connotes a patient study and scientific investment, wherein the researcher takes more careful look at data to discover all that could be known more deeply about the subject under study. Applied research facilities managerial decision-making and reduces uncertainty. To keep pace with the recent advancement in any discipline, one has to be well versed with the latest developments in research methodology. Keeping in view the importance of research methodology, workshop aims to explore the basic dimensions of research and the concomitant need for participants to rethink about the assumptions that underlie historic paradigms of research in the field of management.
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME:
- To provide overview of Contemporary Research Methodology & Review of Literature.
- To help participants to choose the right methodology for their research study.
- To provide the platform for discussion on the methodological requirements of research and to simulate & capture new approaches.
- Exposure of Data Analysis techniques by SPSS & MS Excel.
- Extensive Coverage of Latest Multivariate Analysis Techniques such as Factor & Two Step Cluster Analysis, MDs, Correspondence Analysis, Conjoint Analysis, Multiple Discriminate Analysis, Logistic Regression, Answer Tree, CFA, SEM etc.
- Time Series Analysis Techniques.
- To develop confidence as Independent SPSS Data Analyst.
The number of seats for the Capacity Building Programme (CBP) is restricted to twenty (20) candidates from Social Science disciplines, out of which ten (10) from Uttar Pradesh, and ten (10) participants are to be selected from outside the state as per the ICSSR guidelines.
Faculty members of Economics/ Commerce/ management/ Psychology/ Sociology/ Political Science and/ or any allied subjects of Social Science having orientation in research methodology and statistics are eligible for this programme.
ACCOMMODATION & TRAVEL ALLOWANCE:
Accommodation will be provided only to outstation participants in University Guest House/Hotels on sharing basis from June 10, 2019 (evening) to June 25, 2019 (morning). Travel allowance by shortest distance (bus or train fare, sleeper or AC 3-tier only) will be reimbursed to the outstation participants after submitting original tickets through PFMS Scheme.
CERTIFICATE OF PARTICIPATION:
The participants will be provided certificates on successful completion of the Programme. It is mandatory for all participants to attend all the classes/sessions.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested faculty members can apply to Programme Director along with duly filled up nomination form on or before May 10, 2019. The candidates are required to send the soft copy of the complete Nomination Form cum Certificate of Recommendation duly forwarded by Head of the Department/Principal/Director to email@example.com along with self attested copies of the supportive documents, namely, (i) category certificate, (ii) graduation mark sheet, (iii) post-graduation mark sheet, (iv) M. Phil. Mark sheet (if any), and (v) Ph.D. degree. Nomination form can also be downloaded from the university website www.bhu.ac.in.
NO REGISTRATION FEE WILL BE CHARGED FROM THE PARTICIPANTS.
- Last date of receipt of complete application form: 10/05/2019
- Notification of acceptance: 15/05/2019
- Confirmation of participation by the applicants: 20/05/2019
Important Note: All the correspondents/queries should be made through firstname.lastname@example.org