INTERNSHIP AT PUNJAB HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSION, APPLY BY 20 MAY , 2019
The Commission has been holding an Internship Programme in its office at Chandigarh since the year 2007, in order to spread awareness of human rights issues among University students. This programme is open to students pursuing graduate, post-graduate studies in Law, and Human Rights etc.
During the programme, the students are exposed to the working of the Commission. They become aware of the provisions of the Constitution and the main institutions and international instruments relevant to understanding of human rights. The internship would also include hands on exposure to Human Rights Cases, interactions with Hon’ble Chairperson and Members, and project report on Human rights issue etc.
We would like to inform you that we would be starting the internship tentatively on Ist week or 2nd week of June 2019. You are requested to kindly submit the following details with attached Annexure 1 through (email only on email@example.com) on or before 3.00 pm on 20th May 2019 .
Documents required and selection criteria will be as follows:-
- Latest CV
- 10th marks sheet self attested
- 12th marks sheet self attested
- Reason for wanting to join as Intern in PSHRC:
Please attach a hand written write-up of 500 words
- Recommendation letter from college HOD
- College Id proof
- Annexure I (Copy Attached)
If required the merit will be made on the basis of marks calculated out of a total of 100 marks on account of Class X & XII @ 30 Marks each, and the Marks scored in the Write-up of 500 words @ 40 Marks
You can send the above said documents along with scanned copy of Annexure I (copy attached) and write-up through mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for selection by the Commission upto 20th May 2019 at 3.00 pm. No application after 20th May 2019 will be entertained. All the selected candidates along with their date of joining would be informed though E-mail only.
Rules and regulations governing Internship Programme :
- They will have to attend the programme regularly without break.
- Their daily attendance will be marked in a register/ attendance sheet.
- No stipend
- On completion of the Internship, certificates will be issued on the basis of performance on the following criteria:
- Attendance; Punctuality, Discipline, Participation in internship during sessions;
- Research Presentation & Research Report, Debate and Book Review.
- For any details, you may please contact at Ph: 0172-2635406
- (between 10.00 am to 5.00 pm on working days, i.e. Monday to Friday).