Call for Papers: NLIU-Trilegal Summit on Corporate and Commercial Laws [August 31, Bhopal]: Submit by 21st July, 2019:
The Centre for Business and Commercial Laws of National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU), in collaboration with Trilegal, is organizing the 5th NLIU-Trilegal Summit on Corporate and Commercial Laws on 31st of August, 2019. The present edition of the summit is an effort to continue the successful legacy of the past editions. It aims to initiate a dialogue on the key issues arising in the corporate world and contribute to the growth of knowledge and research in the field of commercial laws, whilst increasing the awareness and aptitude of students in these fields.
Authors must be pursuing their LL.B. (Hons.) / LL.B. / LL.M. from any recognized university for the academic year of 2019-2020, to be eligible to participate in the Summit.
- Mergers & Acquisitions
• Analysis of landmark mergers and forecasting trends for future M&A activity
• Vertical overlaps in merger control
- Foreign Investment (Private Equity/Venture Capital and Debt Instruments)
• Emerging trends in E-Commerce Policy
• Emerging forms of investment such as REITs and InvITs
- Recent updates on the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC) and emerging trends
- Capital Markets
• Rise of IPOs in niche sectors such as insurance companies, banks
• Trends of failure of IPOs in the Indian market
• Emerging trends in white collar crime (legal developments and recent examples in insider trading)
• Data Privacy aspects of financial information and in capital markets
- Contemporary Issues
• Introduction of P2P Lending in India / Technologies such as Blockchain, Cryptocurrencies and
Initial Coin Offering/ Crowdfunding
• Digital economy and Antitrust issues
• Impact measurement and social/sustainable investments
• Diversity and Ethical Compliance
• Compliance and Risk Analysis: Changing Behaviours and Processes
The above areas of law and sub-themes are indicative in nature. The participants are free to choose an inter-disciplinary topic involving one or more of the above areas of law or sub-themes, provided that it fits within the contours of these indicative theme of the Summit.
- Articles: Manuscripts under this category should be 4000-6000 words long dealing with an issue in-depth and demonstrating a comparatively higher level of analysis. Co-authorship of papers (maximum two) among individuals from the same or different institutions is allowed.
- Essays: Manuscripts under this category should be 2000-3000 words and either cover a recent
development or be issue-specific. Co-authorship is not allowed.
Kindly note that the word limit is exclusive of footnotes. Strict adherence to the word limit is prescribed. Citations must conform to standards laid down in the Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20th 2015). Submissions must use only footnotes as a form of citation. Substantive footnoting is permitted.
Submission must be accompanied by a covering letter including author(s) name, email-ID, mobile number and college name. Submissions must only be in electronic form sent via email. All submissions must be in .doc or .docx format and must contain an abstract of 250-300 words exclusive of the word limit.
Registration and Submission Deadline:
All papers must be submitted on or before 21st July, 2019 (11:59 PM). E-mails for submission and any other clarifications should be sent to – firstname.lastname@example.org. The email must contain the following documents, in addition to the manuscript and personal details and affiliation of the author(s), without which the submission will NOT be accepted: –
- An originality statement, signed by the author(s), declaring that the manuscript is the original work of the author(s);
• A copyright statement, signed by the author(s), whereby the author(s) agrees that the copyright in the work shall vest with CBCL.
Authors whose papers are selected for presentation in the Summit shall be required to pay an amount of INR 1000 for single author entries and INR 1500 for co-authored entries. The Centre will provide accommodation to all the participants.