Call For application for the post of Assistant Manager (Law) @ Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Ltd.
The history of Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Ltd., the then Nadar Bank Ltd., dates back to 1921. The thought of establishing a bank under the guidance of the able Nadar business community was mooted out in the Anniversary of Nadar Mahajana Sangam held at Tuticorin in 1920. The proposal was effected soon. The bank was registered on May 11, 1921as “The Nadar Bank Ltd”.
|Educational Qualification||A Graduate or Post Graduate in Law with atleast 50% marks|
|Age||Not exceeding 35 years as on 31.5.2019|
|Scale||Selected candidates may be posted in Scale I cadre|
|Remenuration||1. The emoluments during the period of probation will be Basic Pay of Rs.23,700/- plus applicable DA (presently Rs.15,286/-) and other perquisites like reimbursement of house rent, fuel, entertainment, canteen, newspaper etc as applicable to the Scale-I officers.
2. In addition, he/she will be eligible for facilities like Gratuity, Pension, Leave Encashment, and Leave Fare Concession for self & dependent family members, Hospitalization Expenses for self & dependent family members, group insurance etc. as applicable under Bank’s rules.
Roles and Responsibilities of Law officers:
- Follow up of court cases/DRT cases and guiding the branches in relation to the cases.
- Liasioning with our panel advocates for smooth conducting of court cases and monitoring their performance.
- Conducting of legal audit for borrowal accounts.
- Assisting the authorised officer in the SARAFAESI Act proceedings.
- Verifying the draft plaints and formats to be filed before courts.
- Follow-up of criminal cases in various courts and police stations.
- Preparation of legal notices and documents for various legal processes related to Bank
Probationary Period: The candidates will be on probation for a period of one year. At the end of the probationary period they will be subjected to an internal screening process to evaluate their performance before being confirmed in service. Probation may also be extended.
Last date to Apply : 27/06/2019