Symbiosis Law School, Pune encourages research and publications among faculty, students and peers and thus a separate centre called SCALSAR (Symbiosis Centre for Advanced Legal Studies and Research) has been established to facilitate the same. The Centre works in association with the Centre of Post-graduate Legal Studies (CPGLS).
ROLIC represents the point of arrival of Faculty of Law, SIU at maturity with own imprint in the world of legal research. The journey began with showcasing in-house research, building on research excellence within and as avenue for developing new ideas as well as updating research ideas with skills in 2012 as a national conference; grew into international participation by 2015. This has drawing on SIU’s new impetus to thrust areas, excellence centers and innovation.
This year Symbiosis Law School, Pune presents the 8th International Annual Research Conference in this new format with the global theme ‘Rule of Law in Context: Indian & Global Perspectives’. It is an inter-disciplinary conference which emphasizes Law & Life Interface in the spheres of Innovation, Science, Technology, Human Behaviour, Global Policy and Governance. The conference over the years has endowed a strong platform to discuss, collaborate and explore diverse issues in the field of legal studies. It invites some of the great minds from within and outside India to share and discuss their ideas on contemporary research. For the very first time, the conference shall be held over the span of three days to which is specially designed to discuss and deliberate on various interdisciplinary thrust areas of SIU and core issues and suggest the way forward for the respect of Rule of Law. An important feature of the conference besides the plenary session will be a part of our ongoing project ‘EURASIA’ where we welcome – European Studies in Law, Management, Humanities, Science, Trade and Economics.
The conference will be held on the 13th and 14th of September, 2019 at Symbiosis Law School, Pune.
The conference aims to provide a forum for participants to test new ideas and further build on these ideas. It provides opportunities for enhanced research skills, future collaborations and joint publications.
- To discuss and deliberate in interdisciplinary and core legal research areas with the best in the fraternity
- To bring together faculty, students and research scholars to foster scholarly exchange of ideas
- To build collegial network and facilitate ongoing discourse
- To present research work in progress, working papers, finished papers or research articles to the identified tracks, in supportive and encouraging environment where experts and scholars are available to review and comments.
The Themes for the submission are:
Track 1: Law and Human Behaviour
Track 2: Business, Trade, Commerce, Management and Law
Track 3: International Law, Policy and Governance
Track 4: European Studies in Law, Management, Humanities, Science, Trade and Economics
Track 5: Innovation, Science, Technology and Law
Track 6: Public law, Society and Governance
The last date for the submission of the abstract is 1st of August, 2019. Communication of for acceptance/rejection of papers will be made on the 7th of August, 2019.
Instructions for Abstract Submission:
Abstract should be divided into various headings as mentioned in List 1. However, the mentioned headings are merely indicative. Authors can choose any suitable headings of their choice. Other technical instructions for writing abstracts are given in List 2.
List 1: Indicative headings for writing abstract
- Introduction / Background : Introduce the subject area of your work along with existing research gaps
- Purpose: What is the aim/objective of the research paper?
- Design/ Methodology/ Approach/ Materials and Methods / Experimental: How are the objectives attained? Include main method(s) used for the research. What is the approach to the topic and what is the theoretical or subject scope of the paper?
- Results / Findings / Results and Discussion / Findings and Interpretation: What is the likely outcome of your research?
- Research Implications / Limitations (If applicable): What are the applications of the current research work to the society, business or any other entity, impact on economy, etc. Identify limitations in the research process, if any.
- Originality/Value (Mandatory): What is new in the paper? And whom will it benefit?
List 2: Technical instructions for writing abstract
- Abstract Language: English
- Paper size: A4
- Length: 300 words excluding title of paper, author(s) name, affiliation and address and references
- Margins 1 inch (2.54 cm) on all four sides
- Title of paper 14 point, bold
- Authors name 12 point; Put asterisk (*) to corresponding author
- Affiliation & address 10 point (mention address clearly indicating place, pin code, state, country, email id and cell no.)
- Font of text matter: Times New Roman, 12 point
- Headings: All headings in 12 point, bold
- Line Spacing: Single (Give one line space between title of paper, author’s name, address and text matter)
- Title page: Title, author(s), affiliation(s), contact details
- Keywords: 4- 5 in alphabetical order
Note: Submit your abstract at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructions for paper submission:
Deadline for submission of Full Papers: 2nd September 2019
- Title of Paper – Times New Roman – 14 point font – Capital letter
- Level 1 Heading – Times New Roman, 12 point font, Bold
- Level 2 Heading – Times New Roman, 12 point font, Italics
- Level 3 Headings – Times New Roman, 12 point font
- Text of the paper – Times New Roman, 12 point font
- 1.5 line spacing
- Text Justified
- Page numbers to be inserted
- No paragraph indention
- No identifying headers and footers
- Double spacing between paragraphs
- Citation/ Reference Style – APA style / Harvard Blue Book Style
- One inch margin on all sides in all pages.
- Correct punctuation, spelling and grammar
- Maximum 20 pages (6000-8000 words including references) (A4 size).
- All submissions are to be made via email on email@example.com
Note: Submit your paper at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit: symrolic.com