CENTRE FOR ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES ANNA UNIVERSITY, CHENNAI is orgainsing a two-day national seminar on ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY AND LEGISLATION .
• Evolution of environmental law concepts.
• Indian constitution and environmental protection.
• Environment and Natural Resources Policy Framework
• Administrative machinery for pollution control
• Common law and criminal law remedies against pollution
• Principles of International Environmental law .
• Convention on Biological Diversity .
• U.N Framework Convention on Climate Change
• The National Green Tribunal Act 2010
• Legal Concepts such as sustainable development, polluter pay principle, precautionary principle and public trust doctrine
Registration fee is Rs. 3000/- (Rupees Three Thousand only) for the participants from industries. For the participants from the academic institutionRegistration fee is Rs. 2000/-. The registration fee should be made by DD in favor of “The Director, CES, Anna
University” payable at “Chennai”. Registration fee covers the conference materials, lunch and refreshment during the conference. The registration form along with DD should be sent on before August 25th 2019.
Participants have to make their own arrangement for travel and accommodation.
For official brochure, National Seminar Brochure 29.08.2019