Essay Competition by Human Rights Defense International (HRDI)
Human Rights Defense International (HRDI) is an organisation committed to
the Human Rights concerns of the marginalised sections of society. HRDI is organising a Symposium “A slaughter House for wombs: The tragic
story of 4542 women sugarcane cutter workers of Beed, Maharashtra” who
were compelled to remove their wombs as a precondition to earn their
livelihood” on 30th August 2019 (Friday) at Constitution club of India at 4.00
pm to initiate a discussion in view of the recent disturbing news reports
regarding removal of women’s uterus in Beed. HRDI is also organising a Essay Competition on the Theme “A slaughter House for wombs: The tragic story of 4542 women sugarcane cutter workers of Beed, Maharashtra ” to initiate the discussion and to highlight various ramification of this sensitive and complicated issue.
- The competition is open to all undergraduate and postgraduate students
enrolled in any discipline in a recognized University/ College/ Institute in
- Only one submission per author shall be entertained.
Word limit – Not less than 2000 words and not more than 4000 words
(including footnotes, kindly avoid using speaking footnotes)
- 1st Prize: INR 5000 and a certificate
- 2nd Prize: INR 2500 and a certificate
- 3rd Prize (5 winners): INR 1000 each for rank holder and a certificate
- Certificates will be issued to all participants in the competition.
Registration: No registration fee is to be paid
Deadline for Submission: 28th August, 2019
Contact us: Mr. Narender Bishnoi
Asst. Professor of Law
Faculty of Law, Delhi University
Academic Coordinator, HRDI