NATIONAL LAW SCHOOL OF INDIA UNIVERSITY, BENGALURU JOURNAL OF LAW AND PUBLIC POLICY [JLPP] CALL FOR PAPERS – Vol. VI (2019) ISSN 2350-1200:
The Issue India ranked 142nd in 2015 Ease of Doing Business (EDB) Rankings published on 29 October 2014 by the World Bank. Since then it has jumped 65 places to reach its current 77th position in 2019 rankings. As a result of continued efforts by the Government, India has improved its rank by 53 positions in last two years and 65 positions in last four years. The Government has carried out comprehensive and complex reforms such as easier procedure for filing GST returns, increase in recovery rate under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016, reforms in contractual enforcement among others that has simplified the procedures for the conduct of business in the country. The Doing Business assessment provides objective measures of business regulations and their enforcement across 190 economies on ten parameters affecting a business through its life cycle. But while India managed dramatic changes in some indicators, there were other indicators such as paying taxes and registering property where its scores barely moved.
The broad themes on which submission are invited are:
- Rule of Law and Ease of Doing Business Indices;
- Starting a business, Incorporation and Registration;
- Real Estate and Construction permit;
- Property transactions and registrations;
- Getting Credit; 6. Protection of Founders/ Start Ups;
- Protection of Foreign Investment;
- Import – Export Control and Policy;
- Taxation Policy;
- Policy for Reducing Cost and time in contractual enforcement;
- Protection of Creditor and Enterprises through IBC;
- Make In India;
- Skill India;
The author/s can make submissions under the following heads:
- Scholarly articles and research papers (5000-8000 words, inclusive of footnotes).
- Short Articles (3000 -5000 words, inclusive of footnotes).
- Case Comments, Legislative Briefs, Law Commission report/review (1500-2500 words, inclusive of footnotes).
- Book Review (700-1500 words, inclusive of footnotes)
The deadline for accepting submissions is 30th November, 2019. Submissions are to be made only in electronic form. The same should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or to email@example.com (in MS Word format) along with a covering letter addressed to Prof. (Dr.) Sairam Bhat (Coordinator & Chief Editor, Journal of Law and Public Policy, (2019).