Internship @ Law Commission of India;
PROGRAMME FOR INTERNSHIP FOR LL.B./LL.M./RESEARCH STUDENTS:
The Law Commission of India provides opportunities to law students for assisting the Commission in its legal research/law reform projects by holding a Summer (May-June), Winter (November-December) and Mid-Term Internship Programme.The Programme is open for students pursuing studies in Law from recognized Colleges/Law Schools/Universities in India.
GUIDELINES OF THE PROGRAMME:
- Duration of internship programme will be 04 Weeks ordinarily, which may be extended on the intern’s request by the Competent Authority for a maximum period of two weeks.
- The Law Commission pays no remuneration/expenses.
- The interested law students pursuing studies in ( 2nd and 3rd year of three-year and 2nd to 5th year of five-year law degree course only) at any recognized College/Law School/University may send their applications in the enclosed format by 1st April (in case of Summer programme) and by 1st October (in case of Winter programme). For Mid-Term Internship Programme, the application should reach 30 days in advance (intended date for joining the internship).
- These applications may be sent either by post/courier or by hand to reach the Assistant Law Officer, Law Commission of India, Lok Nayak Bhavan, ‘B’ Wing, 2nd Floor, Khan Market, New Delhi -110003. Application received after the cutoff date shall not be considered and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard. Incomplete application will not be entertained.
- All these applications will be scrutinized and the offer will be sent to the selected students subject to the availability of slot and approval of the Competent Authority. Maximum number of slots to be offered to these students shall not ordinarily exceed five at any point of time.
- The students will have to produce a passport-size photo and a recommendation/no-objection letter from their Director or Head of Department, after receiving intimation from this office.
- Interns will be required to present a research paper on a selected topic at the end of their study and also undergo other studies assigned and prepare notes on it and submit for evaluation and suggestions, if any..
- Interns shall maintain absolute secrecy of all the facts and documents which come to their knowledge during the period .Interns are also expected to maintain decorum of Law Commission’s office.
- A certificate will be issued to the Intern at the end of her/his internship after evaluation of the research paper or assessment of the work done.