Post of Legal Expert in United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), New Delhi – last date 15/09/2019;
UNDP strives to have a workforce which reflects diversity and gender balance and applies an equal opportunities approach. All selection is on merit.
Government of Assam (GoA) has received financing from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) towards the cost of “Assam State Public Finance Institutional Reforms” project (ASPIRe Project). A Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) in the form of a Society named, Assam Society for Comprehensive Financial Management Systems (AS-CFMS) has been created for implementing the ASPIRe Project. ASPIRe project envisages to i) strengthen the the PFM institutional framework and systems, ii) improve institutional and human resource capacity in the areas of cash and debt management, procurement and Public Private Partnerships (PPP), and iii) build the capacity of the Government of Assam’s officials in Finance and line departments in various aspects of Public Financial management (PFM).
Consultant – Legal Expert – State Procurement Facilitation Cell
|Location :||Guwahati, Assam, INDIA|
|Application Deadline :||15-Sep-19 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Post Level :||National Consultant|
|Languages Required :||English|
|Duration of Initial Contract :||Six months of consultancy spread over a period of 12 months|
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Graduate in Law with 10 years of overall working experience in legal matters OR
- Post graduate in Law with 8 years of overall working experience in legal matters.
- At least 5 years working experience in matters related with public procurement, contract management, procurement legislation, contract law, commercial law, arbitrations, and other relevant areas.
- At least 2 years’ experience in interpretation of legislation and other laws /regulations/rules etc.
- Qualification in procurement will be preferred and given additional weightage.
- Additional relevant qualification(s) / experience / assignments would be of advantage and would be given added weightage.
Language Requirements: Fluency in English