Bali Democracy Forum (BDF) is an annual intergovernmental forum initiated by the government of the Republic of Indonesia in 2008. It was created to demonstrate a progressive democratic architecture in the Asia-Pacific region. The Forum facilitates dialogues through sharing experiences and best practices in managing diversity that encourages equality, mutual understanding and respect.
Since 2017, BDF has developed further by involving students through Bali Democracy Students Conference (BDSC) which was held with the aim to transfer the value of democracy to young generation and absorb views and input from them. BDSC I was held in 2017 and attended by 150 students from 61 countries. The theme was “From Campus for Democracy”. Following the success of BDSC I, BDSC II was held in 2018 and attended by 138 participants from 58 countries. The theme of the BDSC II was “Democracy for Prosperity: Youth’s Perspectives”.
This year, in conjunction to Bali Democracy Forum XII (BDF XIi), The Ministry of Foreign Affairs Republic of Indonesia will hold the 3rd Bali Democracy Students Conference (BDSC III) at Nusa Dua, Bali, 5 – 6 December 2019. BDSC III will uphold a theme “Democracy and Inclusivity: Youth and Inclusive Digital Democracy”.
The participants of BDSC III will consist of 150 students from all around the globe. During the program, the participants will share their experiences related to democracy and inclusivity in their respective countries from the perspective of youth.
The committee will provide the following facilities:
- Return domestic flight tickets from the city where participant study in Indonesia to Bali.
- Twin-shared accommodation for 4 days and 3 nights in Bali (check in on 4 December 2019, check out on 7 December 2019);
- Local transportation (Airport-hotel and hotel-venue);
- Meals during the program.
The requirement to participate are:
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degree students having an interest in political issues, especially democracy
- Between the age of 21 – 28 years old or have completed at least 4 semesters (being in the 5th-semester) for undergraduate program which are proven by the recommendation letter from the college or university.
- Good command of English
- Good organizational skills
- Active social media presence
- Indonesian students and international students studying in Indonesia can submit application for BDSC III electronically via the official link.
- For international students studying outside Indonesia and interested to join, please contact Indonesian Diplomatic Missions near you for more detail information (list of Indonesian Missions are given in the FAQ section of the official link).
Eligible Regions: Open for all
For official link – Click here