Applications Of Yenching Academy:
The Yenching Academy annually enrolls approximately 125 new students from both the Chinese Mainland and abroad, to study, live, and learn together. International students comprise roughly 80% of the student body. Applicants should have:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any field, awarded no later than August 31, 2020;
- An outstanding academic record;
- Strong interest in interdisciplinary study of China;
- A record of extracurricular achievement, community engagement, social responsibility, and Leadership potential;
- English proficiency.
Candidates may apply through Yenching Academy’s online application portal
. Each applicant will create an account on the Yenching Academy admissions portal and submit the following materials in English:
- Completed online application form;
- Personal statement (750 words or less);
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Official transcript(s);
- Diploma(s) or Certificate(s) of Enrollment;
- Two letters of recommendation;
- English requirements and minimum scores:
* Native English speakers and students or alumni of primarily English taught degree programs are not required to provide English proficiency test scores.
* Submission of English scores: For IELTS, TOEFL, and Cambridge tests, we will only accept scores sent directly to us from these organizations.
Make sure you choose “Yenching Academy of Peking University” as the designated recipient of your scores when you book the exam time. For TOEFL, use the institution code: C488.
More details will be available through the admissions portal
once the applicant has created an account.